Scaling of celestial powers on pets

Q: If I attach a celestial power to a pet, will that celestial power scale with the player character or with the pet? Are the rules same for player-scaling pets and pet-scaling pets? Search gives controversial information.
A: Devotion Skills that are attached to player pets will have damage scaling from the player. Otherwise it will be pet stats that increase the base damage if attached to a normal pet.

Q: Does that mean that Devotion Skills attached to player pets will trigger player proc skills (like resistance reduction on attack) and give life to player with life steal if there is weapon damage? What about weapon damage of normal pets? Do they have it at all?
A: Yes, yes and yes. Player scaling pets are basically spells that cast spells. True pets are like a different player.

Q: If I attach a Devotion Power to a hellfire mine, will the Devotion Power reduce fire/chaos resists as well?

A: No. The mine reducing resists is a spell the mine has.

Q: Player-scaling pets have an aura animation if I turned one on. Does that mean they benefit from my stat increase (1) AND from the aura directly (2)? Or only 1? Or only 2?

A:

Devotion Skills that are attached to player pets will have damage scaling from the player. Otherwise it will be pet stats that increase the base damage if attached to a normal pet.

Thank you.
Does that mean that Devotion Skills attached to player pets will trigger player proc skills (like resistance reduction on attack) and give life to player with life steal if there is weapon damage?

What about weapon damage of normal pets? Do they have it at all?

Yes, yes and yes. Player scaling pets are basically spells that cast spells. True pets are like a different player.

Thank you! I have almost reached the peak of cognition! :slight_smile:

And, I believe, the last question :slight_smile: : If I attach a Devotion Power to a hellfire mine, will the Devotion Power reduce fire/chaos resists as well?

No. The mine reducing resists is a spell the mine has.

It’d be like a devotion power being attached to curse of frailty and additionally reducing resists otherwise.

I asked because -resists are not a property of a separate skill in the hellfire mine description, therefore it should be a passive of a default attack. I do not presume that -resists from Devotion Power and basic attack of the mine should stack, it is just the matter of debuff consistency.

And the very last question: player-scaling pets have an aura animation if I turned one on. Does that mean they benefit from my stat increase (1) AND from the aura directly (2)? Or only 1? Or only 2?