Screen setup with multiscreen system - issues after latest win11 update

Hello there!
I recently downloaded Farthest Frontier and been playing for a few weeks now.
Yes, I know it’s not fully released yet, so this is not a complaint, just an FYI.
Here goes;

The game setting seem to have an issue with a triple screen setup, i.e. 3x 2560x1440 → the scaling is off and results in an unusable area in the lower bottom area where some “accept and select buttons” are unreachable.

OK, fine, so I switched to screen 4, which is running on a seperate (MB onboard) gpu. This is a 1920x1080 and up untill yesterday worked just fine. The video-settings let me select monitor 2 (as the triple screen goes as mon 1) and off you go!

Now, come microsoft with an update late last night and since then, the startup of the game results in the AMD eyefinity function stopping, resulting in 3 cloned screen situation, (which ALL register as screen 1 now) but at resolution of the 1080 fourth screen, running on an entirley seperate gpu…

Topping this off with;
The game start screen is visible on the 4th screen, as set, but the mousepointer won’t reach and is stuck on the other screen, not being able to reach the game screen area.

I worked my way through an entire reinstall of all the AMD drivers and resetting the AMD eyefinity function, but no dice.
Then I used the reset to default exe and started FF again…nope…not swallowing the desired settings.
Two options I have in this situation;

A. play in a triple cloned view in 1080, which is set as forced active (i.e. I cannot reach outside active window, alt-tab does nothing)
Fouth screen you might as well turn off in this situation, because I cannot interact with anything there.

B. set screen 2 as the game screen (which is the actual 1080 it ran on just fine yesterday), but then I get the game screen on that one, but still have the triple cloned window going on.
Still cannot reach screen 4, which now holds the game window .
This results in having to kill the game and going back to the reset to default exe, because system is unusable in this mode.

I can play on the triple cloned screen, but that is rather confusing actually…
Included is the DXdiag and my gameversion number is…
hmmm, checking now…
0.9.2d

Hope the info helps,
KR,
Tom

DxDiag.txt (125.7 KB)

UPDATE

for all you fine folk, wondering;

• setting the single 1080P as my primary monitor in windows, solved the dominant monitor settings issue → game now starts in that screen just fine!

still doesn’t want to go triple though, something is off with 7680x1440 setting or driver there.

I’m happy though, can actually continue playing now :wink:

KR,
Tom