Seal of Annihilation question

So I see a lot of builds using this, and looking at it myself I was considering the why…

I’m a blademaster using Belgothians now, so attack speed is very easily maxed, and +20 spirit may as well be +20 agility since I am just getting enough spirit to use my rings.

Is the proc on it really good? From what I’ve read the %life reduction doesn’t do much to high level things like bosses, but the -OA and DA seems decent, but not a ton… but it adds up I suppose. I suppose taking away their OA and DA is similar to giving yourself that? Thinking about it like that makes it seems really good, but not sure it works that way. Finally, the -50% health regen seems like it could be really good, but again, I’m not exactly sure how much monsters life regen at higher level.

I was just debating using Tainted Heart over Seal, if I don’t need the attack speed… increasing Crit Damage seems important since my crit chance is so high.

Anyway, just thought maybe someone could shed any more light on that… :smiley: Thanks

If you don’t need the speed, go for alternatives. Some pretty good ones are possible with amulets.

1 Like

Yeah, Belgo BM doesn’t need that. Definitely use Tainted Heart, it’s great.

Alright thanks. Yeah when looking at some builds it looks like they are way overcapped on attack speed for some reason. Especially suing belgo strikes… which in SR’s is pretty much at least always 1 charge up which gives you the attack speed.

Anyway, thanks. Just checking to see if something I was missing like how good the proc on it might be…

One other question on this topic. I just happened to run an SR with -15% attack speed resist but didn’t have the means to test it while in it.

If you have 215% attack speed, and have that debuff on you… would you still have capped attack speed afterwards? I can see having a bit overcapped for that reason but not going crazy or anything… or from getting hit by slows from monsters etc. Hadn’t really thought of that before… (maybe im new, or just dense… but I also just today realized Slow is like -total speed… I had been thinking it was just to move speed for some reason, which isnt a big deal since i jump or strike everywhere, lol.

Having speed overcaps can be nice but you shouldn’t go out of your way to get them. As long as character has ~capped AS and significant amount of slow res (50+) it should do a-ok under most circumstances.