Seasonal event

They don’t fit the theme of the game at all. Seasonal or not. Though i already said this. Derp :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What would these other similar games to GD that have similar events be then? Care to name them? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As someone said above, you can always mod these silly events into the game if you wish. That way everyone is happy.

Titans’s Quest Imortal Throne had Santa’s Garb…just saying

Seems this whole thing has been brought up before. And was dismissed by the devs at the time.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5575

Cairn is its own world and will probably not make direct references to Earthly holidays. Context appropriate humor is fine though!

And

What is this Christmas you speak of? We know of no such holiday in Cairn. Anyone possessed by a holiday spirit would be locked in an iron cage and buried in a grave under salted earth.

I think we can safely say seasonal events are not going to happen. Good.

And you’re reapeatng yourself again, when I already said that is the point of seasonal events in the first place, hich is to add a different setting to the main game. Derp :rolleyes:

What would these other similar games to GD that have similar events be then? Care to name them? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ceno literally just showed an example above. :rolleyes:

As someone said above, you can always mod these silly events into the game if you wish. That way everyone is happy.

You hate fun, ok, got it… which I also said taht this could be made into some kind of mod on my first reply on this thread. :wink:

I seem to keep having to aswell. Seasonal events such as xmas, easter, halloween etc don’t fit in with the whole theme of Grim Dawn fullstop. What part are you struggling to understand with that comment?

No, he gave an example of a comedy item you find in a special area of TQ, the same way you pointed out the soiled trousers in GD. A Santa hat isn’t an event.

You said there are quite a few other games like GD that have seasonal events. You’ve not named any yet. derp. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So fun equals having silly events inserted into a game based around the end of humanity and a dying world? I have plenty of fun playing GD without them thanks.

And i already mentioned earlier that you can mod the game into something else to your hearts content when the tools become available. That way you get what you want and i (and plenty of others, read the link i posted above) get to play GD as intended.

You would think you would need some enjoyment in post apocalyptic world to lighten up the mood of the world.

I too think that earthly events wouldn’t be that great but context appropriated events would be nice, such as the solstice one that someone above mentioned.

Cairn has culture and historical events. They most certainly would’ve had holidays and rituals. Past events, remembrances, even silly cultural superstitions. Harvest time for crops, food is plentiful. winter prep, breaking down winter prep for spring, summer stuff.

i think this idea sounds awesome, especially for halloween, and believe crate could put it in as a very serious event with lore added! and who wouldn’t love seeing pumpkins pop up at devils crossing?