Seed of a large island with a single access

Lowland Lakes, Size: medium, Seed: 91796C264C8

Secure the ground crossing and hang in there!
Develop your settlement from angry hordes of invaders and looters by concentrating your defense force on a choke point. Explore the surrounding areas in search of deep mines or old relics among dense forests, raider camps and wild animals.

8 Likes

Very nice ! I hope pirates won’t be add in next upgrade ! :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks extremely defensible. Only problem is see with it is, that likely the most mineable resources will be in the mountain range on the right side, which cannot be accessed at all as of now. Although i see some roads and buildings on that screenshot, how did you get there?
Would need a lot of luck rerolling to get everything you need on the left side landmass.
Also that’s an awful lot of water area, so not a map for large population.

Edit: tested out a few rerolls and the only mining resources i get on the island itself are always two deep coal mines, one very small iron deposit and maybe a small clay or coal deposit. Not further iron or clay anywhere in reach. So this map should be VERY challenging! Also not that much fertile land on the island itself.

2 Likes

Just looked at it and got just 2 infinite coal, but also 2 wolf dens along the edges and a boar spawn right in the middle of the island. :smile: Only 2 fishing spots and one of those is by a wolf den.

Restarted it and traded the wolf dens for some deer spawns and small iron deposit. :grava_yes:

2 Likes

Exactly! What you gain in defense, you lose in obtaining resources. In front of the entrance to the island I have deep mines of clay and coal, but the important resources are in the right mountain range, there are deep mines of iron, gold and stone.
The challenge is to get to those resources, exploit them, and live off of them (hint: trade is important in the early stages).
greetings!

Wonderful. I’ve got a wolf spawn point right by the only entrance to the island so every time I send a villager out to explore beyond it a bit they get attacked and sometimes die. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

jaja! nice

Well, i’ve finally come around to trying out this map and after a few rerolls, i managed to get deep coal, sand and clay on the main island close together, which made for a very efficient industry cluster.
Also had a decently sized regular clay and a small iron deposit on the island. which helped tremendously early game.

Only problem is that all further mineral resources are quite far away, but everything is available in absolute abundance.

The island itself is big enough for at least a 600-700 population town and through the narrow land bridge, it’s extremely defensible. Right outside the land bridge there’s plenty of fertile flat land fit for agriculture and forestry.

Overall one of the best maps i’ve played so far.

1 Like

I wish someone could find a seed like this for a large map.

2 Likes

Well i tried the same seed on a large map but the result is quite different. The Island becomes more of a peninsula and loses that nice narrow defensible land bridge.

But some day we’ll find that perfect seed with just the right ratio of water to land.

2 Likes

Omg this is so cool. I can’t wait for bespoke designed maps by modders.

2 Likes

After some experimenting with the parameters in Large size, this was the closest I could get:
91796C264E8
Lowlands Large

You wind up with two connected islands, two narrow passages to the rest of the map, resources except Iron on the islands and Iron available outside.

2 Likes

Not half bad. Managed to get one with everything but iron on the main island. No idea how far the first iron deposit is yet, but it seems too far to even bother. Luckily i got everything else in abundance, including an infinite gold deposit near my starting point, so trade it’s gonna be for all things iron.

1 Like