Seeking advice on a fire based inquisitor

So I’ve been leveling an Inquisitor lately am planning on focusing on fire damage but am torn on what to Combine it with I have a 94 Legendary (Mythical Hellborne) that would fit either a Purifier or Paladin so am considering either of those mind you have not settled on the idea of ranged fire damage either I just want a fire based build so any suggestion’s or what are some of the better fire based builds doesn’t have to be 2h ranged or even ranged in general can be melee or caster has to involve Inquisitor though as I have gotten it to level 43.

Well, on the topic of 2-handed Fire ranged, Desolator is also worth considering as it easy to get being a faction blueprint. I’d say if you want to use Hellborne that Paladin is the way to go and Desolator works better for Purifier but both are completely different builds. Desolator Purifier between the 2 is simpler and easier to understand.

Short footnote but Purifiers are also the cookie-cutter choice for DW ranged Fire as well. If you want something simple but effective, that’s what I’d recommend.

Beside ranged, Inquisitors also make strong Fire casters. Demolitionist pairs extremely well with Blackwater Cocktail, Canister Bomb, Grenado and Mortar Trap as options. Throwing Rune of Kalastor into the skill pool, picking and focusing on 2-3 out of all of those for damage dealing is excellent with gear support favouring some specific combinations. Oathkeeper is also a great choice with Judgment, Vire’s Might or Guardians of Empyrion for options.

I’m open to anything Fire Based involving inquisitor just looking through my gear currently Hellborne was the one that stuck out weapon wise. I am open to Dw,Melee,2h ranged,2h Melee just want to try something fire based (Typically go with Vitality or Lightning so wanted to try something different) I DO have a lot of elemental and fire gear just most stuff is for later levels.

Have you had a look at the Build Compendium X? It’s worth seeing if anything catchs your eye, most if not all of them will have gameplay videos as well so you can see what they’re like. Like I mentioned, Purifier and Paladin are worth checking. I forgot to mention Mage Hunter as well in my first post.

I looked there but the abundance of choices wasn’t making anything easier I tend to freeze up when given too many options if I’m not sure on something…Something like say Vitality I know enough now to not freeze up but fire this is my first real attempt at. Let me ask this of Paladin and Purifier which would be the easier one to start with? Maybe easier one to level as and get up to end game with.

I personally like Flames of Ignaffar. Some consider it gimmicky but imo it’s great to burn enemies to the ground with Flamethrower like ability.

I’ve leveled uo to 43 as an Inquisitor using just Word of pain (1 point) the modifier that increases range and adds lightning damage to it (Maxed) and maxed aura of censure basically throw word of pain on them and run circles around bosses and heroes using the aura damage reapplying word of pain as is needed. Not the fastest but did make Cronley a little easier…While I know its not optimal was just my attempt at safe leveling till I figure out a second class ha ha.

I’m not sure what to say then except just jump into a mastery and start experimenting. Pick one out of Demolitionist or Oathkeeper and start playing around with the skills, see what jives with you.

I’d also try and settle on a playstyle between melee, ranged and caster as well. Even if you’re not certain now, both mastery combos are workable in some form for all 3 archetypes so you’ll be able to make something out of your character that is relatively strong.

Between both, I’ve only levelled as Purifier in a few different ways but have levelled different Oathkeeper/X Fire users (like Shieldbreaker). Both have effective skills for fast levelling and clearing so you cannot go wrong which way you go but I’d overall lean towards Purifier. Paladin is noteworthy for Vire’s Might though - it is one of the fastest levelling skills in the game.

I can’t speak on it at endgame but I was able to take a Purifier with it up to and complete Ultimate AoM in budget/faction gear long before FG released and found it enjoyable when you work past it faults (difficult early Act 1, issues with energy management).

That said, I have had more pleasant levelling experiences with other Fire skills so while it is workable, there are better options if someone is looking for the best way to push up on levels. If you like FoI, go for it, if not, go for something else.

1 Like

What makes Vires Might a good leveling skill? I am curious is all it hits me as more a charge type skill.

You’re able to lower the cooldown on it substantially as early as Act 2 between maxing Tectonic Shift and a Zarthuzellan Archive. With both, you’re able to push the cooldown to ~1.6s. Vire’s Might is a mobility skill so you’re able to move to packs faster with it and the low cooldown means you can stack trails of Volcanic Stride over Heroes/Bosses to melt them quickly.

Vire’s Might also makes an excellent devotion proccer because of the aforementioned Fire trail stacks - you can either toss it onto a defensive proc like Twin Fangs for a consistent stream of health or onto a damaging proc like Aetherfire, Fissure or Eldritch Fire to increase your damage output even further.

While I never tried it, there are also a whole host of Infrequents you can grab while levelling to convert the leftover Piercing damage on the base skill to maximise the amount of Fire/Burn on it. The main ones are Gargoyle Girdle and Bloodlord’s Vengeance (while Ascension is active). A few others aimed at Grenado/Canister Bomb can also shore up the last chunk if you happen to pick those up.

1 Like

Ah I was curious never thought of a mobility skill being a good leveling skill but can see the draw there will try it when I make an Oathkeeper next settled just a bit ago on Purifier. Working well so far just hit 50.

I’m personally going to have Tectonic Shift 12/12 on every OK build
Zooming with Vire’s Might + Amatok’s Breath for example is just too good not to sacrifice some damage for me.