Shadow Strike nerfworthy again?

I have the nerve to start a thread asking the community if they think a build archetype that is producing results that have traditionally been nerf worthy is indeed deserving of nerfs. Please let this be the last post misattributing such a claim to me in the context of this thread.

Average joe performances aren’t the Zantai approved metric for balance, for better or worse. While you do have me curious I’m afraid 10 may be too small a sample size to get a reliable sampling even among a diverse community enthusiastic about endgame challenges. I believe Zantai has some quotable segment floating somewhere for this topic but in its absence I’ll not be assuming stuff.

I get it.

If anything, I’d consider nerfing Magi rings and conversion green belts. The former are superstrong even without the conversion (plus the following argument when applicable), and the latter allow for unprecedented levels of synergy,

I don’t think Morgo should be nerfed but if Z insists on it, I’d say that -0.2s to SS could go. And/or change lightning to cold conversion from global to a mod to sth shaman. But any such changes should be accompanied with an addition of about 6-10% phys res on the set.

You’ve identified the crux of the problem: Balances are centred predominantly around Cr speed clears, and not other end game challenges.

Will a build capable of killing calla in 2 minutes get nerfed? Unlikely.

What about a build capable of pushing SR 100 in solo play? Unlikely.

I´d even go a step further, demanding: Nerfs or even Nerfs + Buffs must stop.
What kind of experience will the game be if every single kind of build can clear -crucible for example- in exact the same time – only with different attacks?
Diversity will go to zero. Diversity in experience I mean.
Some builds SHOULD remain fast but glassy, some SHOULD remain slow but tanky. Stuff like that. Common sense as far as I´m concerned.

From an entirely selfish perspective, I wouldn’t want balancing to stop, though I admit that that’s inevitable.

I play this game because I enjoy breaking the game.

Z balances stuff, and I poke and prod at it trying to find a loophole to exploit. IMO, that’s where the bulk of creative theorycrafting lies in.

To play the devil’s advocate, I can kind of see why.

In SR for example,

• Death is only an issue in HC runs and even then, you can always pause the game and exit or use something like GD Stash to bring your char back to life. While I don’t see the point in doing it, it is still a possible option if you want to see how deep you can go and the mutators/boss combos aren’t kind to you.

• Related to the above, mutators and boss combinations can widely alter the results. I have 2 builds that can do 90+, both will fail if they come across Kaisan in the small map.

• Camera abuse (zooming in on your char also works), enables pushing higher than otherwise possible.

• No loot with Deathly waystones and hence pushing further in is only for a challenge and bragging rights. Thus it won’t matter to the average player.

Interms of Superbosses, you can specifically build for them… atleast with non-pet builds. The only build in the current patch that has provided a less than 2 min cally kill is this: ⭐ The fastest cleaners in the World
It has 26% pierce, 39% Bleeding & 49% Aether and achieved that time using Fevered Rage. Can’t exactly use something like that as basis for nerf.

That leaves us with Crucible…

It’s a question of how fast is too fast which of course you’re free to discuss in another thread to save the mods the trouble of moving your thread derailment.

It’s also a question that has been answered multiple times. Go whine in your own thread.

(Why does my phone correct mods to kids?)

Oh, I don’t disagree. I understand the why of it.

I’m just lamenting the inescapability of the “problem.”

Someone’s gotta lose out, and it just so happens to be Cr theorycrafters/players

1 Like

It will stop eventually, if anything we’re much closer to that day happening these days. I’d wager a guess we are in the twilight phase of GD’s development life.

That’s not even close to what Zantai is going for. He’s never even considered making all builds “equal performers” nor does he want too (plus it’s nearly impossible to achieve). He simply has a baseline that he’d like to see them “within”, it’s only when they fall too far out of that range, either end, that he might try bringing them back in line.

Only if those builds are put together correctly. I’m of the opinion that if someone picks the right skills and items to go with them that they should come out with a pretty decent and rewarding build in terms of what content it can clear.

Now the bar for this is already set fairly low in the main campaign through roguelikes or Nemeses but some people crave more.

If items and skills were never nerfed/buffed to begin with, we would not have nearly the level of variety in skills and playstyles that we see today.

Well. Why are nerfs a must? What would happen, I mean really happen if they do? Nothing maybe?

Nothing in GD is a must. Each player has their own preference.

I’m just saying that I’d probably get bored of GD when these changes (both buffs/nerfs) stop coming

True. Balancing was nicely done. But it must stop or at least become smaller and smaller. My poor storm boss!

1 Like

Of course, eventually there will be a point where Crate finish updating the game and move on. That’ll be when certain modders like adoomgod/Ceno come in and begin building on what they’ve left behind with their own ideas.

1 Like

:rofl:

We don’t have to agree with everything Z does. Nerf to SBoE was definitely one of the msot baffling changes I’ve seen in the game.

Meanwhile I am still mad at the Mythical Will of Bysmiel nerf. The +1 Birb not only got moved to a 4 piece set, but also became FG only while M.WoB was AoM.

1 Like

we might be going off-tangent here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apologies to @xervous for being part of the problem

Yup, if you don’t like/understand a change just say, “Hey! WTF Bro?! Explain thyself!”. He’s human, he makes mistakes… maybe something made sense to him at the time, maybe you just need to see his angle on it, maybe he just fucked up.

Speak up and if it was a bad call it’ll probably get sorted out.

I made a meme about it which voiced it pretty well.

Too bad medea yoinked it out of the meme thread when i started getting salty.

it’s like…go sit in that time-out corner forever spanks.

It was one of my best memes too

4 Likes

lol… that was pretty funny. Didn’t know she pulled it. Maybe because it sorta implies 1.1.5 is bad altogether? (which it definitely isn’t)