Shaman or soldier

Hello Everyone ! I posted earlier but after toying around with some classes I think im sticking between shaman or soldier for levelling instead of dual wield.

any recommendations on this? Looking for tankier with still high damage. I found a starter warder guide and the prekreig apex DK guide, deciding on the two!

also - I was toying around with arcanist and really liked the frost AOE . but the class was squishy. is there a beefy version to level with ?

Dunno, I think Cold Caster Arcanist can be made tanky. For example you can DW (the Cold TSS weapon and Spectral Longsword for example) and get Dual Blades from Nightblade for more Phys Res. Have Scales of Ulcama + Bat with Vit / Pierce to Cold conversion etc. And you have Mirror and Absorption.

Anyway, I can recommend Cold Caster Infiltrator (using i.e. Rune of Hagarrad) for Cold AoE and tankiness because I’m playing it atm. Here’s a video vs Korvaak

[quote=“apostate, post:1, topic:113519, full:true”] I think im sticking between shaman or soldier for levelling
[/quote]

Warlord. Soldier with oathkeeper. Best class and can’t go wrong.

Level with soldier’s Forcewave and switch to whatever. Just about anything physical you can do there is top tier.

well, i read this after i already chose becoming a Death Knight … shucks.

1 Like

DK is strong. Leviathan build is solid.

apostate: I just started an Elementalist (Shaman + Demolitionist) using Primal Strike as my go to spell/attack. It’s real fun so far. I’ve even put my other characters on hold for a bit, it’s that much fun. I am only using what I find, besides the relic of course.

You say Death Knight cant be tanky?
Behold:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZP6x9X2
If you cant tank something with OC resists, 4800+ armor, 20k hp, insane life leech and tons of other defensive stuff, then it’s must be untankable anyway.

2 Likes

i might have to try this. spectral binding is my new favorite thing. i guess its retaliation damage? Idk . where they beat themselves up as i basically run through everything. i love it.

Yes, it is. Though that build is kinda gear-dependant and requires thorough farming for required items before is gets strong.