Shaman Wind Devil/Storm Totem

I’d like to say i adore wind devil and storm totem and i think it’s my no.1 ‘fun’ build so far, but there are two glaring flaws in those skills.

Wind devil:
The base skill needs to gain a hefty move speed bonus for investing in it, i’m thinking along the lines of +100% move speed at 16/16 and 150% at 26/16.
The way it works now, investing in Wind Devil instead of its support skills is 100% pointless, unless you want to waste skill points.

Storm Totem and Wind Devil:
Both skills coulld really use something like Artifact Handling from Inquisitor to lower their Cooldowns by 2seconds or so. Perhaps add that to Stormcaller’s Pact, or slap a transmuter to it that does that.

The reason for it is simple: You have to use Either Grobble Sky Effigy, or Yeti’s Horn if you want to use those skills and while it works, the very idea, that main skills require gimmick items to make them viable is horrible.
Other items with skill mods like Kymon’s Badge does for Grenado improve the skills, but are not mandatory, this is not the case with Wind Devil and Storm Totem.

We could also use more Druid based gear centered around Wind Devil/Storm Totem bonuses. :rolleyes:

Wind Devil: You can always cast it right on target and use pet attack to make it stay on target. There are two things you mean by buffing the speed, first, if the target moves much, Wind can’t get to the target, second, if the target stands still, but the Devil goes full retard mode and follows something totally different that is further away, you might not even realize it went away and thus commanding it back takes a while (actually, years, decades). I know because I use this idiot myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

ST and WD: Actually go away WD, Storm totem has many recharge reduction reductions (lol), you can get up to -2.5 seconds if using mythical Stormreaver + Shaman’s Conduit, or 2 seconds using a one handed weapon and the funny off-hand + Shaman’s Conduit. Add %reduction to recharge to that and you can get up to a total of 1.6 seconds even. Furthermore, even with only 3 seconds recharge you can spam enough of these, as you can put up to 3 totems if you didn’t put any +summons items on your character.

I will not say how effective ST is, because I only have one build theorycrafted and had no time to make it in the game + now I have a break from GD because I got bored of it.

I’d also want more Druid love (caster only, fuck warriors/fighters) because the name “druid” is too cool to be wasted like that. I mean, almost every game that has a druid makes him something important or rare. Crate, please. :confused:

My Druid has a Wanderer’s Yeti Horn of the Aether which has a -2 second skill rercharge for WD and +1 to WD’s summon limit.

don’t all Yeti Horns come with -2 sec skill recharge and +1 summon limit?
Too bad you can not dual wield off-hands :smiley:

100% move speed :rolleyes:. Those would be some fast Devils.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a speed increase but the skill is usable from the end of Act 1 to endgame right now by just summoning Devils closer to your enemies when you get to a new pack. Investing in the base skill is not as useless as you think it is - Wind Devil boasts a decent amount of Electrocute damage between the base skill and Maelstrom to complement it’s direct damage. Still though, It is less valuable compared to it’s modifiers.

Storm Totem and Wind Devil:
Both skills coulld really use something like Artifact Handling from Inquisitor to lower their Cooldowns by 2seconds or so. Perhaps add that to Stormcaller’s Pact, or slap a transmuter to it that does that.

The reason for it is simple: You have to use Either Grobble Sky Effigy, or Yeti’s Horn if you want to use those skills and while it works, the very idea, that main skills require gimmick items to make them viable is horrible.
Other items with skill mods like Kymon’s Badge does for Grenado improve the skills, but are not mandatory, this is not the case with Wind Devil and Storm Totem.

That’s the point of skill modifiers? It’s no different to Mythical Legendaries enabling certain combinations of skills via conversion (such as Blood Orb of Ch’thon) or granting skills (such as Tome of the Arcane Wastes). If you want to use both Wind Devil and Storm Totem, there is nothing stopping you but you have to make decisions on which one you want to prioritise with what bonuses and where.

To your example of the Kymon’s Badge - if I want to use Grenado and maximise the amount of Lightning damage it deals, then I 100% have to use it as no other item currently does global Pierce to Lightning conversion or to Grenado.

I’m not saying the skill is useless guys. I finished the game from Vet to ultimate ending without any stops for gear farm or anything like that easily.

But you gotta admit, that it’s weird as hell, that you can skip raising Wind Devil skill and just invest in its supports and not lose anything important. That’s just poor design.

and why is it horrible that you have to use a specific off-hand to reduce cooldown and summon limit? I like the idea that in order to achieve greatness, you have to do some sacrifices.

Let me put this into better perspective for you:

16/16 Wind Devil does 330 - 402 (avg. 366) Electrocute damage over 2 seconds base. 183 on average per second.

12/12 Maelstrom does 364 Electrocute damage over 2 seconds base. 182 damage per second.

On their own, both are pretty average or unimpressive as far as DoT damage goes, however, putting both together gets a respectable 365 per second. This is more DoT damage than 12/12 DEE and Blood Burst with Focused Gaze.

I think the only thing I’d change on Wind Devil is the Physical damage on the base skill as casters that want to use Wind Devil are unlikely to stack Physical->Lightning conversion or really have that much to make use of it. There are no modifiers that do anything interesting with it either.

Any chance you can share me what build you used? I think that skill combo would be a lot of fun and am curious if it will work for my first character. I would like to play through ultimate if possible. Thanks in advance!!