Shaman / ???

Hello everyone I’m moving through Character.

First one was Occultist/Soldier (Poison Tank) Lvl 80
2nd one (as a team) is an Arcanist/Demolitionist (PRM/Devastation) Lvl 80
3rd is a Warder (Currently Retaliation might change him cause of boring) Lvl 45

My next “team” guy should be a Shaman/Demolitionist (StunJack) as my partner this time around want me to actually get some aggro and from my reading StunJack/BWC is like the King of Aggro.

My Girlfriend did start to play with a Shaman…still only 1 class (lvl 22) and well she ain’t playing so I’m thinking of getting on the char but unsure what to do with him.

Obviously I want to avoid Soldier and Demo as both pair are either started or set already. A Pet Build is also out of the equation

I’m thinking Ultos Set as an option (Soldier would probly be better? if that’s the case will keep it in hand as a potential switch from the boring Warder).

Do I end at a place were there is too much limitation and I should just delete the Shaman and do something totally different or is there still an interesting option that ain’t “too much” like another char I already made?

Maybe a Vitality/Chaos Conjurer (Shaman+Occultist) ?

this one from Superfluff is a great example, it works with Doom Bolt (with cooldown reduced by Time Dilatation) : http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52714

I’m thinking Ultos Set as an option (Soldier would probly be better? if that’s the case will keep it in hand as a potential switch from the boring Warder).

Ultos savagery warder is a strong option indeed, Elementalist is better damage-wise (thanks to thermite mines for instance) with almost the same survivability though (Blast shield/Flashbang+Searing Light)

You can go Occultist for Ultos because of Vulnerability. Also a nice 15% attack speed from Solael Witchfire (2H need all the attack speed they can get), Blood of Dreeg for heal, OA, health regen, poison resist and physical resist (last two from Aspect of the Guardian).

So Ultos Set could be Warder - Elementalist or Conjurer and would all work. This is fun as it give a great re-spec option for a lot of Shaman/XXX (I also saw that Temporal 2 handed Lightning/Aether Shaman/Arcanist Char from I think Chton that use the set except the weapon)

So both my Warder and the upcomming Elementalist could easily be transformed into an Ultos character if I decide to move that way at end-game.
(Leveling melee seems like a pain in that game so feeling like the melee build are rather end game option.

I like the idea of that Vitality/Chaos build. It is mostly Occultist with a bit of Shaman. The extra health must be nice for sure and DS bring Vitality resistance reduction (does it stack with COF?). If it doesn’t stack going Shaman only for Survivability (while looking great in Crucible (which I don’t have)) might be kind of lacking in Vanilla ?

They stack.
You might wanna read http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23720
It describes some of core game mechanics.

It stacks and the build is very strong in Vanilla too :slight_smile:

And you are almost unkillable thanks to Sigil of Consumption and other ADCtH procs