Shattered Realm 0 mutators

Anybody know off-hand how to go about modding the SR files to get rid of mutators?

Mutators are located in records/game/mutators, not really sure which one is specifically for SR.

There might have been a better way to do it, but though it was a little tedious, I got the job done.

In the mutators folder are two dbrs that seem to be “templates”. One for monsters (mutator_monster_.dbr) and one for players (mutator_player_.dbr). All the values are zeroes inside these dbr files.

So what I did was go into all of the “mutator_monster_xxx” files and replaced the contents with what was in the template file. Did the same thing for all the “mutator_player_xxx” files.

The game/mutators folder was part of gdx2, so I had to extract them out of there. Then I added them to the regular database/records folder. This allowed the Asset Manager to find the “template” and let them be built into the mod.

That did the trick. Even though select dungeons and the Shattered Realm still show the mutator icons and descriptions, it doesn’t show the actual stats now (I guess because they’re all 0). I also confirmed by going inside and out of the areas with mutators that my stats weren’t affected.

I didn’t try Crucible, but I would assume these changes would neuter the mutators there as well. Makes no difference to me as I don’t play Crucible. And though I really just wanted them removed from Shattered Realm, I don’t mind them being gone from the Main Campaign as collateral damage.

I’m satisfied with this solution. A little more work than I thought it might be, but it probably didn’t take more than an hour. Worth it for me.

I havn’t messed around with SR yet, but when I went over the lua scripts I saw them being added in there, I assume that’s where they are being set.

If that’s all you want to change, you might even be able to put the script inside /settings/ and play the regular game with that small adjustment. Literally just a thought, no idea if scripts would work the same way as tags/meshes or if scripts are excluded from this kind of changing the game.

just like WareBear said, im not sure if u can do this via settings but he surely pointed u in right direction in terms of lua

mods/gdx2/resources/scripts/game/endlessdungeon/mutatorcontrol.lua

and at same beggining of file there is

local mutatorList =

which contains all the available mutators for SR, just deleting those (emptying the variable/list) should be enough to achieve what u are aiming for, without touching mutators in rest of the world (the method u used probably removed mutators from whole game and not SR only)

That’s right but I’m fine with it. I don’t even play Crucible and I was never a fan of adding random mutators to campaign dungeons in the first place.

Sounds like y’all found the better way to do it, so it’s good information for others. Sounds a lot less tedious too. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk