Shattered Realm 90-91 rewards need be increased

At present, Shattered Realm’s rewards are not fair for levels above 80. Taking Shattered Realm 90-91 as an example, clearing it takes more than twice the time compared to 75-76, and has higher requirements for BD defense. However, the reward is only about 1.3 times.

This is unfair, which greatly limits our choices for Shattered Realm. If we pursue efficiency, we can only choose 75-76. What I hope is that we can freely choose which layer of Shattered Realm to challenge according to our own preferences, without being troubled by rewards.

Therefore, I hope to significantly increase the reward for Shattered Realm 90-91, which needs to be twice that of 75-76. “Longendary” may not need to be increased, but at least “Rare” needs to be significantly increased.

In this way, we can freely choose which layer of Shattered Realm to challenge based on our own preferences and BD characteristics, without having to utilitarian choose a certain layer for rewards. This may make our BD more diverse and colorful.

1 Like

The rewards scale up only marginally past SR65. This is by design.

3 Likes

I see, thank you for your answer.

But the increase in monster damage does not seem to follow this pattern. SR65 was 184%, SR75 was 294%, but SR85 significantly increased to 754%, and SR95 reached 1474%.

At present, it seems that the increase in rewards is not directly proportional to the increase in monster damage.

And past SR95 you don’t even get rewards at all with Deathly Waystones.

Anything past SR65 is for bragging rights.

3 Likes

I see. Perhaps this is the original intention of your design.

1 Like

To this day I’m trying to understand the logic behind this design.
Why not the standard “bigger level = bigger rewards”?

1 Like

Personally I can fully understand the setup. I think the game developers want to prevent that new players, who take a look at the build compendium, go for a pet build that can grind high SR more easy than other builds. That would result in far less build diversity and lead (new) players to the fact that pet builds are OP without proper discovering the game.

The reward is glory. You don’t need better loot at that point. :wink:

The system is satisfying and allow a good farming for everyone.

When you get to 90+ your char is done. And if you wanna farm quickly for the next one, why close this possibility to the majority of the player base? The best farming spot must be accessible to everyone, this is a very good design imho.

2 Likes

That has been taken care of in the playtest patch :smirk:

You don’t wanna end up with last epoch where any build that can’t push 2000 corruption “feels bad”, because you get “no rewards”.

7 Likes

if you don’t cap off the rewards somewhere, there becomes less and less reason to play anything but the singular best build

sr loot should have been capped off at 65 because once you have the means to farm that, you can branch out to other playstyles without feeling like you’d be better off playing the one true sr farm build. upping the loot cap in shattered realm to tier 90 was a mistake. even blizzard figured this out and set the loot cutoff way below the character power ceiling (greater rift 90 scaling is 1/8th of gr120 or something like that).

numberwang games like grim dawn have to have limits or else they spiral out of control

Also Maya…

16 Likes

Didn’t do it on timer, clearly need buffs.

1 Like

Pretty sure this broke the internet for some period of time today.

And yes please no Last Epoch, it is a mess right now.

5 Likes

this

having “all”/most builds capable of the efficient farm shard = more builds variety can be use/lplayers don’t feel bad not having to use only XYZ build for farming

That wouldn’t result in far less build diversity.

This is just to make rewards for different levels more reasonable. We can freely choose which layer of SR to challenge based on our own preferences and BD characteristics, without having to utilitarian choose a certain layer for rewards.I think this can increase the diversity of BD, rather than having to build based on a certain layer as a standard.

This won’t happen, as I mentioned earlier.

This is just to make rewards at different levels more reasonable, and the cost-effectiveness of challenging higher levels will not become higher than that of SR65-66. We can freely choose which layer of SR to challenge according to our own preferences, without having to utilitarian choose a certain layer for rewards. I think this can increase the diversity of BD, rather than having to build based on a certain layer.

On the other hand, I believe that since rewards have been designed for SR70-90, their rewards are fair and balanced. The cost-effectiveness of one layer should not be significantly higher than the other layers, which will guide players to use this layer as the sole criterion.

If you believe that any challenge above SR65 is meaningless, perhaps you can increase the reward for SR65 and completely remove all rewards above SR65.

you mean like how it was for years?? and literally got changed because people was begging and complaining for ages there was 0 rewards?.. :neutral_face:

from your other comments one could argue they are reasonable

if this was true; you would have 0 issues with the current reward structure; you’re aiming to make it more cost effective than it is, which in turns shift the cost effectiveness compared to lower shards

which is what you can now

1 Like

So what I’m saying is “increase the reward for SR65 and delete the reward for higher ups”. Once the reward for SR65 is as high as the current SR80, deleting the reward for higher ups may not be a big deal.

Maybe another good solution is to keep the rewards above SR65 fixed forever. Both SR90 and SR170 have the same rewards as SR65.

The current dilemma is that in order to get the most rewards, I need to challenge SR90, but the efficiency of challenging SR90 is far inferior to SR75, which makes me conflicted.