Shattered realm balance still needs work

It seems like the balance in shattered realm has improved somewhat but still needs ALOT of work. I recently did an 66 where on the 4th chunk there were two grava’s, anasteria and slathzar. this wouldnt be too bad if i could have pulled them seperately but no, the instant i entered the map i ran south away from the bosses but both gravas rushed me immediately and somehow even slathzar came in from the back.

This isn’t challenging in a fun way, its just not enjoyable especially when you get awful combos like this. I am still seeing wild balancing issues. Perhaps there could be a bit less randomisation because having 2 of the strongest nemesis in the game rush you instantly is not really balanced.

Ithink its about time that something was done about grava’s dispell which not only removes all your buffs but can almost 1 shot you at the same time. And perhaps tone down slathzar’s fumble debuff because 50% fumble and impaired aim is just ridiculous in SR especially when slathzar can already debuff your resists for a substantial amount and fills the screen with aoe. These things don’t add to the enjoyment of the game nor are they a creative way of challenging the player.

Well, I’ll begin by pointing out that anything beyond SR 60 is anything goes, so I’m not going to have much sympathy in that regard.

It is impossible to have two Grava’s in one boss arena as of several patches ago. I reviewed the spawn pools and that is still the case.

One thing we are going to do for Slath’sarr though is to reduce the duration of his poison pools in the Shattered Realm.

1 Like

You already said that the spawn point of character in one room isn´t intentional. Did you “fix” something that now always more than 1 Boss aggroes? I had this in the Lava Room, too.

It’s my understanding that the last patch increased the size of the small arenas. Was the tiny conclave of the three map also introduced in that patch? Yeah, it’s not good. Also, why is the mageslayer’s OFF freeze resist reduction bonus not working in SR, at least on 60+ (don’t remember the lower shards)?

Maybe i should have screen shotted because there indeed was 2x grava and even i was surprised when i saw them both because it hasnt happened to me before, perhaps it was a bug?. Then again i have noticed other strange bugs like being stuck in a boss room without a portal and not being teleported to next shard and mobs randomly glitching out and stretching out in weird directions. So perhaps i might reinstall the game, maybe my client is a bit corrupt.

I think slathzar needs more adjustment than just reducing the duration of his poison aoe. The fumble debuff needs adjusting because 50% is just way too much. Either that or put a cooldown on the aoe which triggers the debuff so he can’t just spam it. Even getting slathzar on 4th chunks of lower shards can make it almost impossible to complete the chunk because of the insane impaired aim and fumble debuff.

And yeah it seems to only be the conclave map that im spawned just in front of the portal so all the bosses aggro. And for some reason s75-s76 seems more balanced than s65-67 so im not even going to bother farming lower shards anymore.

That map needs to be disabled until it is fixed, it’s impossible. Kaisan can have the entire area covered with 3 or 4 totems.

65 - 66 works absolutely fine for me, I never get aggroed by all bosses at once (moving down obviously), sometimes two at once. It can be tricky fighting them and not aggroing the other two. I agree that aggroing all bosses at once is two much, but two (or maybe even three) is ok. It’s SR after all, it’s supposed to be random.

Calling for the randomness to be reduced to imperceptability sounds like having your cake and eating it too.

See above :arrow_up: If you can’t handle him in a small space, try a lower (or higher) shard. The totems are a pita but they can be killed.