Should I just rush Elite?

Long time player, first time poster.
I’m about 253 hours in, not an expert at any rate and playing a lvl 88 Dervish (This build https://www.requnix.com/gaming/grim-dawn-builds/miss-meltycakes-dual-wield-melee-acid-poison-dervish)
So far, about 3/4 through my first play through of Normal/Veteran, I’ve been melting everything to easily, Elite seems to be too easy also with this build and I’m now at “Cthonic Menace” towards the end of this Vanilla play through. I’m a bit of a finicky player, I HAVE to do everything but I’m almost tempted to skip the expansions and extra content this time around just to finish to get to Ultimate.

Anyone have advice for me? Should I just finish to unlock Ultimate and play “correctly” from then on?
Thanks for any advice
Seph

After 250 hours you probably know enough to make a conscious decision. If you rush and it doesn’t feel fun, you can always come back or be more thorough with your future character.

1 Like

I would just play on Ultimate for the challenge. It’s the same game but harder so why not.

• if you have another character on Ultimate you can make a merit to skip Elite
  • if it’s not the case… GDStash the merit just this once :wink:
1 Like

Unless you wanna do bounties in ultimate I would recommend doing expansions in elite because faction augments of these areas are too good to pass and the writ makes reputation easier to grind. Also they are harder than vanilla.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of the earlier versions of @Dmt’s venomblade, though skill distribution seems weird.

1 Like

It was :rofl:
How the hell I killed Ravager with it faster than with current build :scream:

1 Like

You can also farm Gannar’Vakkar’s Sting in FG which is probably the best weapon to use while leveling.

And his video is not even working so press X to doubt.

1 Like

Thanks heaps all for the replies! Very helpful.
Seeing as most of my reps are at max and the ones that aren’t maxed have bonus +rep, and I’ve got about 3 enemy factions at Nemesis, I might just skip the expansions this time around, go straight to Ultimate.
I’m pretty confident that I’ll get killed heaps but I’m sure after a bit of gear upgrading with the new difficulty level…hopefully I’ll pull through.