Should the summoning mechanism of AoM Pets be changed for QoL?

I am talking about Skeletons, Blight Fiend, Dirge of Arkovia pet etc.

If you haven’t noticed, you character stops running and pauses for a slight moment if you cast the skill. Also if requires you to target the ground to summon the pets.

Meanwhile for the ones like Hellhound for example, you just press the button and there is no pause, no need to target where you want it to be summoned etc.

Personally, I would prefer if the AoM pets were changed to work like the Pre AoM ones interms of summoning. Reap Spirit obviously is an exception to this so we won’t be discussing that.

And I am also aware that being allowed to target the ground lets you control precisely where you want your pets to be spawned. But I don’t personally see any tangible benefit from it.

So, feel free to share your thoughts on the matter :blush:

Now for the poll:

• Yes, change the way they are summoned.
  • No, it is fine how it is right now.
  • Why not both? (eg: as an option like Classic Casting)

0 voters

Honestly, I’ve never cared where I spawn those pets. Also, talking about benefits, if someone will bitch about that Blight Buddy… I mean Fiend (get it? because you can misspell “fiend” as “friend” - no need to tell me how funny I am) needing the casting it currently has, I’ll only say Hellhound also explodes upon death and it has the same spawning as Birdo, Briarthorn etc.

Make skeletons a channeling spell, which summons one skeleton every 0.3 seconds. :smile:

2 Likes

positioning doesn’t matter in this game, and is unlikely to be fixed, so QoL away.

The pets added in FG interestingly follow the base game model, like the talon from the ghol set is without targeting. For whatever that is worth.

Yes, that is another interesting thing of note. Kind of weird why AoM pets were made like this :thinking:

Now that I think of it, relics also had different skill bonuses.Vanilla had modifiers, AoM had main skills and FG has modifiers again.

You’ll more likely get me to make old summon skills function like AoM ones than the reverse. :wink:

:sob:

But is there any particular reason why they are different from base game and FG ones though?