Show off your Defense! Specially around Stockyards

I explain the technique here Steam Community :: Guide :: Advanced Landscaping Guide

3 Likes

I will look this up, thanks man

1 Like

So, the City of Five Gates is still a village, has no real gates, and only three towers.
But somehow, these ba&tard& are some of the toughest SOBs yet spawned.

1. This is the lowest annual deathrate I think I’ve seen so far. (16/31)

and
  2. They are getting a reputation.

B2 - Copy
    C3 - Copy
    D4 - Copy
    E5 - Copy
    F6 - Copy
    G7 - Copy
    H8 - Copy
    I9 - Copy
    J10 - Copy
1 Like

Didn’t know you were buliding Sparta, did you?

2 Likes

Maybe it has something to do with their diet?

These three hunters take a combined total of 1 or 2 deer per year.

They spend the rest of their time collecting constant stream of wolf carcass’ that the Tower has put down and butchering the meat.

1 Like

Contrary to popular belief, a red meat diet historically doesn’t have much to do with warrior prowess. The Samurai, like most of Japan at the time, had a diet almost entirely based vegetarian with a little fish. The Lacadaemonians’ (Spartans’) diet was almost entirely grain, vegetables, cheese and fish/shellfish - almost no red meat except when they were pillaging on campaign, when they basically ate up every domestic animal that belonged to the enemy. Likewise, the famous Roman Army fought almost completely on a diet of grains and fish sauce - the Romans actually considered red meat harmful in your diet.

When it comes to fierceness and diet, I always remember the old Alan King joke about the diet supplement Tiger’s Milk. He wouldn’t drink Tiger’s Milk, but he would find out what the guy who milked the Tiger ate, and That’s what he would eat!

2 Likes

My favorite one is Thoreau’s, “One farmer says to me, ‘You cannot live on vegetable food solely, for it furnishes nothing to make bones with;’ and so he religiously devotes a part of his day to supplying his system with the raw material of bones; walking all the while he talks behind his oxen, which, with vegetable-made bones, jerk him and his lumbering plow along in spite of every obstacle.”

2 Likes

‘You are what you eat.’
–Victor Lindlahr, circa 1935

‘Especially in video games.’
–Me, (umm, what day is it?)

1 Like

So they already raided right at the start of the game? Holy! (not played Vanquisher yet).

1 Like

Not Vanquisher mode. o.o

Playing Idyllic Valley in Pioneer mode x3, but with wild animals in Trailblazer.

Interesting layout and excellent terraforming; I have not tried that mountain making… I have many long series of gates though, but I have always thought that I had to ensure I had one wall unit at least on each side connected to other walls, rather than (as you have) single gates without side connections. I am assuming therefore that raiders simply do NOT just walk round the gates on either side of them where there is no wall? I thought they would…

is the existence of the road under the gateway tunnel making raiders conform to the roads and thus being blocked by the gates… they can’t just walk between the gates or around them?

I assume not or you would not have built this… in which case I must try this out and will save a lot of effort

2 Likes