Silverbolt and conversion(s)

Salutations,
I need an advice about conversions, and the Silverbolt crossbow.
Silverbolt has a 100% piercing damage stat. I think this means that the totality of it’s physical damage is automatically converted in pierce damage.
Now, if I use Amarasta’s Blade Burst + the Mythical Deathmarked set (whose hood convert 100% of pierce damage into cold), does that mean that the pierce damage from Silverbolt alone is included into the conversion of ABB, or is this primary conversion (from phys to pierce) is considered THE first conversion and ABB conversion can’t take place?
I hope I made it clear.
Thanks !

You can not convert damage twice

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/gameplay/combat/#q21

2 Likes

Ok, so the 100% piercing damage of Silverbolt is considered in itself as a conversion. And no other conversion can be applied after it.

1 Like

yes that is correct

Armor Piercing is a particularly odd stat in that it applies last, after all global conversions are already accounted for. So in your case, Silverbolt undergoes the following conversions:

1. Any flat Pierce damage bonuses that come from your Equipment bonuses + devotions is converted into Cold when you use ABB, as conversions from skill modifiers come before global conversions.

2. Any Physical to X conversions that you have (such as if you use something like Seal of the Night that converts 10% Physical to Cold) will happen afterwards, as Silverbolt is technically 100% Physical damage that gets converted into Pierce damage using the Armor Piercing stat.

3. Any remaining Physical damage from the weapon will be converted into Piercing damage.

So to maximize the amount of Cold Damage from your ABB + Mythical Deathmarked set, you’d want as much Physical to Cold conversion as you can get, as that happens before the Armor Piercing stat.

This thread explains the Armor Piercing stat in a little more clarity.

3 Likes

Ok. Thanks for the link :smiley:
I understand now.