Sir Spank's and Heatwave's Skyfire grenado Purifier - ~550k crits unbuffed/unbannered

I personally want to see grenado be used as a primary source of damage. In my mind, it’s the demolitionist’s equivalent of primal strike.

Bit of a random thought, but grenado being a skill with a non trivial cooldown time, why are there no off hands that have bonuses to it? The gear slot with the biggest chunk of cdr would be a natural fit, to me anyway. Opportunity missed.

The only offhands which are kinda useful are cataclysm, or hellscourge.

I’d argue that’s by accident, not design. One little +2 bonus might as well be nothing.

Good concept and nice implementation!
I’d suggest you to try this also. High Impact is useless imo, you can extract better bonuses from what you have. Adjusted skills and devotions.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9QyYvV

Edit: how about Seal of the Corruption for additional Lightning RR?

I think the suggestion is very reasonable. I’ll try it out, but I personally dislike agonizing flames. The AoE on unlevelled BWC is tiny, and it’s on a 5s cooldown.

Ele storm on the other hand is much more reliable and allows me to kite and apply RR constantly.

As for high impact, is it worth giving up the %phys damage? I think it averages out to ~225%.

Seal of corruption is also almost certainly better. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dropping High Impact allows you to made a chain of improvements.
I also think Ele Storm is better, but BWC is nice too, and devotion swaps open the door for full Aeon’s Hourglass. It is definitely better damage-wise than flat fire and non-existing physical damage from High Impact. You can actually bind Aeons to Grenado and shoot double or triple brick in one series.
Edit: you convert all phys damage from Grenado to lightning, no reason to keep % phys damage

%phys bonus applies before conversion though

% bonuses are applied to base damage, only base damage is converted iirc. Not sure about this, but if you’re right, this might open some great possibilities

What am I talking about :smiley: Look at stock Grenado damage with High Impact and without it, but remove the gloves to not distort the measurements with conversion.
It is interesting to see whether % is applied before conversion or after

Will do! I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m basing my assumption on misinformation. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tested it out - dropping high impact = -7% DPS loss on grenado.

That is simply due to the loss from the fire and IT (Without Cindertouch equipped)?
Or is that pure lightning damage? (I calculate that at 280% @75% chance…you’d see a avg. drop of about 9% if the pys bonus was kicking first, before conversion)

So what’s the verdict?

The latter. 7% loss of lightning damage without cindertouched equipped.

Follow up question:

is that for the special case of %bonus chance or is it all +%?

Can you see the %pierce bonus from shattering blast in the pierce-> lit conversion, as well?

Okay, let’s use some terms I’m pulling out my bum to make this simpler:

Skill line: e.g. Grenado --> High impact --> Shattering blast
%Skill Damage: Any %bonus damage seen in this skill line (i.e. %damage from gear excluded)

AFAIK, %skill damage in any skill line applies before transmutation occurs.

Alright, good to know. I though I read a discussion a while back where %chance was always added before conversion, but there was some question about the %bonus.

This is correct. It’s not limited to just damage either, effects such as increased dot duration also work. Try converting flames of ignaffar, the increased burn/electrocute duration carries over into the new damage type. I’m inclined to say that everything carries over, but there might be exceptions I don’t know about.

It is very strange. At least, the same mechanics should apply to all transmuted skills

I think it does. I also checked it with my fire FW build. The % damage from rending force applies