SkeleWraith Lost Souls Cabalist

Thank you and appreciate your detailed explanation! :slight_smile:

Excellent as always.

Was it hard to decide and drop Shepherd’s Hook? I can’t usually imagine a pet build without it.

I realized when making my old 1.0.6.1 SkeleFamiliar Cabalist that sometimes it makes more sense not to use it. If you already have 2500+% damage, other bonuses or extra offensive procs can be more effective. I originally used it on the Vitality version of this build, but eventually decided I was better off using Blizzard + taking Ulo over Panther.

In the devotion of the chaos version you use stag instead of panther, why is that?

I still have no clue about how pet builds work, just came here because I saw “sigatrev” under the build’s name. One question though, is it a TOP STARTER BUILD or not? Asking for a friend.

In regards to the RR issue: Dravis is a real dick to Lost Souls builds… https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/1799/skills

Not even switching to the vitality/chaos setup solves any issues with this guy, sadly. Thank god he’s not a nemesis.

Really interesting setups. Out of curiosity, how come you don’t pick up the 1 point Ember claw for threat generation? Given how fast you can resummon hellhounds I would imagine it would be at least useful in some form.

EDIT: This is sort of what I was going for when I looked at lost souls in terms of devotions, mostly because more skeletons more better: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23JBQnN – even if they’re player scaled… could be a fun alternative.

Need it for the resistances. Panther isn’t all that useful anyway.

I’ve gone back and forth on it depending on the setup. It doesn’t make a huge difference either way, so if I need the skill point elsewhere I’ll use it elsewhere.

I tried a setup using Raise The Dead for the lolz, but it was less effective for sure.

Could you please post your devotion paths… i’m pretty useless at working them out

Which of the devotion setups were you interested in? The general strategy for ordering is:

• 1) Take whichever crossroads nodes you need for the T1 constellations.
  • 2) Take the T1 constellations.
  • 3) Take any of the T2 constellations you already have enough affinity for, and repeat until you can’t take any more of them.
  • 4) Take additional cheap T1 constellations to get enough affinity for the T2 constellations you’re still missing.
  • 5) Take the remaining T2 constellations.
  • 6) Buy back T1 constellations you took in step 4 (if any).
  • 7) Buy back crossroads nodes you no longer need.
  • 8) Take the T3 constellations

There are usually a few shortcuts you can take, but it isn’t critical.

Solid work, really amazing.
Wondering if Diviner’s Codex won’t be better than Cataclysm Eye.
Or full Diviner’s Set with Beacon of Lost Souls.
Which devotions are considered top for Vitality/Decay based builds?

The +All Skills is worth more than what you get from Diviner’s Codex on this build. Cataclysm’s Eye is the off-hand of choice for almost all pet builds that have the option.

Using Diviner’s Set results in a very different build. Outside of Lost Souls, Skeletons don’t survive well enough to be worth the skill point investment most of the time.

Of the setups I’ve listed above, I’d recommend the Dying God + Ishtak one. If you’re asking generally, there is no answer. Devotions cannot be separated from the rest of the a build.

Last thing that i was trying to execute was completly removing bone harvest.
The animation of it feel not that smooth according to me.
Removing Bonds of Bysmiel and Jackal to spend them on Staff of Ratosh and 1point into red crossroads.
And respecting left points from harvest points into +pet dmg boosts.
You have any ideas how to reduce active skills to only 2?
Or will this completly trash this build capabilities.

If you really need to only use 2 active skills, I would drop Reap Spirit. Curse of Frailty and Blood of Dreeg are non-negotiable under pretty much any circumstances. You could do something like this, but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re only doing main campaign. Crucible clear times go up to 10+ minutes and the success rate drops significantly. survivability is hit similarly.

Dropping Bonds of Bysmiel for Staff of Rattosh is also a mistake because Bonds of Bysmiel provides important RR. If you want to drop Bone Harvest, bind Reap Spirit to Bysmiel’s Command and leave Cleansing Waters un-assigned instead.

Are Ghol gloves really not the play on just every pet build nowadays? Especially on the Fiend’s Gaze version.

Some sort of 1x Voidwhisper Band/Ghol’s Reach/Deathwalker boots swap.

i’m trying ur build on veteran now and it’s seem lack of dmg if i’m not take the flame torrent devotion. does flame torrent still as good as before on the skeletons?

HI!
Why not Arcane Wastes with it perfect RR?

Hi, I’m new to this game and was looking for ways to beef up my Cabalist. Is this build still viable? What would be a good replacement for Cataclysms’ Eye with the change to its +1 all skills being moved to the set bonus? Someone mentioned Arcane Wastes; Reaper of the Accursed also looks good!

I’d use Reaper of the Accursed now. It’s a lot better than it was back when I made this build. I’d do something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9Lj9W2

Lol I looked at op and saw May in the date and was like what? Cataclysm?

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! My char is about half geared with the full Lost Souls set and working well so far.