Skill request- cyclone type skill

I would like to see a cyclone type skill like the one in POE or Diablo, even with a big cooldown so not spammable. I think is one of the coolest skill types when playing melee type chars.

Unfortunately you might have noticed there are no real movement type of skills. The skills: Shadowstrike and Blitz are actually more of a speed buff until the skill hits.

There could be a cheap way of making a whirlwind type of skill…
Because of how animations work, it would have to return the player to the original position the skill was cast. This means loosing control of the character for its duration. It would also have to be uninterruptible so that its not all glitchy. So basically it would be a multiple hit animation with an automatic movement path/pattern.
(we’ll see how much animations can be worked with when the exporter is released):wink:

My vote goes to movement type skills being implemented if possibly someone or the devs could code the functionality into the engine; it would be a major game engine enhancement.

He said even with a cooldown - all you need to do is make an activatable cleave/spinattack like the ones that the nightblade has. Very easy to do.

If he actually wanted a channeled whirlwind like d2 then he’s sol cause that’s probably never gonna work out.

Yup unfortunately not possible until (and if) Crate develops a true channeled skill template.

A stationary whirlwind would be as much fun as…bladebarrier :p:D

I would like whirlwind as well. For the sole reason that i am tired of clicking at mobs and hoping for that 20% proc chance for 360 degree swing. To get some quality of life for melee, i think even stationary, high mana cost spammable phys attack with 360 degree and decent range.

Basically Callidor’s Tempest build doing phys/trauma and faster cast speed, requiring melee weapon and which scales of melee weapon :slight_smile: