Skills that have the same name.

Do they stack even if they come from different sources?

Can you give an example?

The answer is probably, if they’re different skills.

I saw several when I was window shopping in Graceful Dusk but this one comes to mind:

• Crystallum

Chain Lightning
Immense electric force emanates from you, cascading to additional enemies.
124-543 Lightning Damage
2 Seconds Skill Recharge
100% Chance Of Affects up to 5 targets within 6 Meters
100% Chance on a critical attack (target enemy).

• Stormheart

Chain Lightning
Immense electric force emanates from you, cascading to additional enemies.
124-543 Lightning Damage
2 Seconds Skill Recharge
100% Chance Of Affects up to 5 targets within 6 Meters
10% Chance on attacking (target enemy).

Will these work together?
These two are a bit different tho they have the same name.
But what if the skill names, descriptions, and activation are exactly the same? Would it still work?

generally the same name is irrelevant. the name is just describing the ability. for example my sigil tank can proc 4 different sigils + the one i cast simultaneously. Helm, Ring, Ring, Pants all have a chance to proc a sigil. i could add another with a caster offhand but i need the shield :stuck_out_tongue:

they are all titled “Sigil of Consumption”

in fact you can wear 2 identical rings with the exact same proc, and now you’ll see it proc twice as often (ie two chillsurge rings means 2x as many frost nova procs)

the exception is auras, if it’s a channel ability you have to toggle on, wearing two pieces of gear will not let you stack the aura twice. the only way would be a different version of the same aura (ie use Piercing Aura and Greater Piercing Aura together)

Thanks!
That clears things up for me by a ton.
Been trying to look for BiS gear for a while and was worried I would be essentially wasting item slots. :smiley: