Skillz

If I may affiliate the idea of quadruple wield, surely there could be room for weaponized boots and a kick ability with studded pad on the end. The shotgun fist in fallout new vegas worked well so maybe a gun operated boot?

Anyway, my suggestion for the skill tree is too please not use it as a tree!

I explain more in this thread.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2104

maybe a gun operated boot?

please let this be a joke.

If the shoe fits.

clearly dual wielding shields is the best idea evar.
you could be like a spearless one-man phalanx!

and of course, there would have to be a double rainbow shield set.
it could grant the wielder the “full on double rainbow” attack which causes mobs to drop to the ground in blissful tears.

… Quite possibly the best idea ever! :smiley:

hahahahahahahahahaha.

I love it

Its a double rainbow all the way :slight_smile: … 5 seconds later… what dose this mean?! :cry:

Best idea evar! Totally doing it.

I’d still rather see that rainbow farting machine implemented as a two-handed weapon :wink:

lol knock enemies out by fart, I like it :smiley:

I played through Red Faction Armageddon yesterday. I had a great time destroying everything I could find. When I completed the game, Mr Toots entered the fray.

After a first-hand experience, I finally realize what rainbow farting machine is.

Somehow never responded to this. Again, D2 has this and it works well, at least for the Whirlwind skill (not sure about other skills). There’s a huge impact since your AoE increases. It’s another factor you have to consider in your build, which is imho, always a good thing. It allows you to experiment towards the perfect build.
For single target attacks though, I don’t think it offers a very noticable difference.

Ahahaha!

Rainbow farts FTW :smiley:

I really really really hope we do NOT see more passive skills. Too many pure stat-boosting passive skills were the reason i considered D2 better than TQ. TQ was full of them, they were boring, and didn’t show me an obvious benefit for my investment. Playing with all passive skills makes for a boring experience (autoattack-autoattack-autoattack).

Stat-boosting passive skills may be the “easy way out” to filling out your skill tree from a developer standpoint but makes for one hell of a boring game.

How was D2 not filled with passives? Most of the active skills in D2 were only taken for their synergies since 1.10. Before 1.10. those skills were just weaker versions of the later skills and not taken at all. I played a Barbarian a couple of times to Hell, but man, I was bored to tears by its passive gameplay. I couldnt even get my Amazon past Act 3 Nightmare (or was that Normal?)

As with TQ, some classes will feature more active skills than others. The Demolition mastery, for example, is almost entirely active skills while Soldier mastery is about half passives.

You may think that passive skills are an “easy way out” but we include a mix of them because many players enjoy or even prefer passive skills that they don’t have to worry about using. There is a limit to the number of active skills the average player can effectively utilize at one time, after that, additional points in active skills are largely wasted. We have to balance the classes and their mix of skills to accommodate players at both ends of the spectrum.

I don’t think it is accurate to assume that passive skills are less power and I disagree that it was the case in TQ. Passive skills are always helping you, they cost no energy, and you don’t require player-time to utilize them. While some passives may have been weaker than they should have been in TQ, the same could be said for some active skills.

So, if you’re all about the active skills, just combine two classes that are predominately active and you’ll easily have more skills than you can effectively manage at once.

I like passive skills. They help a lot in creating or improving your builds.
Without the passive skills, there’s a lot of builds in TQ which couldn’t be viable.

I love passives, and pets. I’m too lazy to activate skills often :stuck_out_tongue:

Passive skills are great! But I do hope they’ll be a bit more exciting than they were in TQ. Too many of the passives were plain vanilla “you are good at swords now” kinda deals. I’d like to see some passives that give more unusual bonuses or give really great bonuses to one stat while nerfing another. The more I have to puzzle over the skill tree every time I level up, the better the game! :stuck_out_tongue:

If there are going to be a decent amount of passive skills implemented, then at the least, they should be very useful to the class or towards specific abilities. Such as; If you’re a ‘soldier’ based character and have a skill that serves as your auto attack, a very appropriate passive skill would be to enhance that auto attack with an element or add a twist to it such as with a chance to stun or knockback or of the sort, on the other hand, a very lazy passive skill in that class’ skill tree would be a skill that adds a stat which just enhances damage and speed. While this stat booster passive may be increasing very class specific stat, there are items and other elements of game-play that better do that than skills. The skills of a character should be his abilities that he can use and activate for the most part.

^^ Agreed, you should be building your tree to make a character of complexity that best fits you, and if there are a large amount of necessary passives it’ll make the game that much less enticing.