Skulls & Bones - Pet Cabalist

There are several things I would recommend.
I would respec the devotions to this: Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator it is less damage but will feel much better and with korvaak recently being buffed you don’t really lose that much damage.
I would also recommend some components to your rings and amulet: “Mark of Illusions” . Your DA is quite low. You also need components on the rest of your gear pieces. Note, constitution is basically worthless.

As for farming. Totems are pretty good when you have nothing. If you are going to do SR then I recommend leveling up in SR normal it is much easier and when you get up to SR-75 you will still get lots of legendaries, etc.

Skeletons are also not one of the best pet builds in general. They seem collectively to perform as well as any other single pet with the exception of having better AOE but much worse survivability. When you get them geared they will do fine but you will still have to micromanage them to keep them alive.

Imo, just switch to Normal and farm SR 75-76 there. You can take Tree of Life if you want a bit of healing to offset Dying God’s HP drain, but will have to give up Shepherd’s for it though - Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Ew… no, never. Korvaak is useless.

I will politely disagree with your assessment of korvaak. 150% all damage 5% OA and 6% crit damage is not useless by any stretch of the imagination. As well the petrify on the proc does wonders for keeping things rooted which allows the pets to do unabated damage.
Please see the following as evidence to my argument: カオス火炎ハサミムシ 1.1.9.8エディション SR100時間内クリア【grimdawn】 - YouTube A SR-100 run with time left utilizing the Korvaak devotion.

That is not Tier 3 devotion stats by any stretch of imagination either. Shepherd’s gives way more than that for much less…

Petrification is useless against everything except trash mobs since bosses get CC resistance.

That has nothing to do with Korvaak and that build is… not using the full beastcaller’s when no slot is blocked is a straight up crime. Korvaak is the least of the issues with it.

EDIT - Even a highly defensive build can do SR 100 with time left on the clock

(Cutting it really close, I know. But, the build was made to facetank Cally. Damage was not exactly a priority)

Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator, can i switch over to this build if i only have the boots, potentially craft bysmael’s domination, legs, the offhand for full chaos conversion from physical, the amulet and the chest. NO rings or lost set pieces so probably a No go? Gonna feel not having 2 hellhounds probably… And thanks for the previous advice, will try it althoughi will lose some pet elemental resistances!

Without the rings, might be better to go with Dying God since your damage will be split between chaos/vitality and Dying God’s proc gives +570% damage to both (pets get the entire thing and not just the stuff under “bonus to pets” since Hungering Void is an aura).

Can’t comment on Skeletons without Lost Soul Set since I mostly recommend against Skeletons altogether if lacking the Set, but people have had success without it, so shouldn’t be an issue. While a bit old, you can also check this out - [1.1.9.0] Skelemancer Cabalist -> Crucible 5:08/ SR 100/ Ravager + Mogdrogen + Crate/ 75-76 farmer

1 Like

Got most of the gear through trading recently, i was pretty sceptical about it - is mogdrogen’s ardor worth over dirge of arkovia or nah? Asking for your chaos conversion build, i honestly don’t like the pet from Dirge, its ugly and has to be resummoned sometimes which is annoying. Mog is just raw power, you can’t go wrong with, same thing with Bysmael’s domination but there you gotta get hit so… Also, i am probably better off with manticore if i dont wanna keep the uptime of that annoying Shepherd’s crook, will probably deal a bit less damage but its probably worth it : D

you can go for it if you wish. I used to have Mog’s Ardor in the build before and switched to Dirge only recently because I wanted an extra tank.

Actually, manticore is kind of necessary regardless since you need it for the RR. Well… that or Bysmiel’s Bonds or Revenant, but I don’t like relying on the Bys bonds Pet for RR and Revenant is not that great on a pet build.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick responses, Maya, you’re the best! I also don’t like revenant, will replace it as soon as i get all the gear pieces. Its really nice that most people trade a legendary for a few blooms, which are very easily farmable btw :D. I mean, i got the whole lost set for 8 blooms per pieces and i can farm 32 blooms in like what? Below an hour and thats guaranteed!

1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4vQxxV

Potential GrimTools for 1.2 ^

(Items provide more skill points & Rings provide Aether res in 1.2, but since GT is still in 1.1.9.8, that is not shown in the link)

3Min Cally, 2:30min - 3min Ravager of Minds & 30sec - 1min Crate.

Skeletons have been better than ever before with the recent changes :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Build updated for 1.2
Older build available in the 2nd post/comment of the thread

2 Likes

Hi Maya. Can i ask you the devotion order for this masterpiece? (idk with the new version, but i saw nice buffs on Tree of Life) also is this build better than the ghol cabalist with the gun? Thanks a ton in advance

1 Like

Devotions -

Purple > Shepherd’s Crook > Remove Purple >
Hammer > Nighttalon > Fiend > Yellow >
Stag > Remove Yellow > Lotus > Blue >
Typhos > Behemoth > Bysmiel’s Bonds >
Mogdrogen > Rattosh

We are not going Tree + Ishtak here because Mogdrogen route provides much more Damage atm while Behemoth offering comparable safety to the player even without Tree.

I haven’t really played Ghol based pet builds since Unstable Anomaly Blightfiend playstyle got nerfed back in 1.1.8.1, so can’t comment on that :sweat_smile:

i see. i tried a bysmiel set conjurer with tree of life, maiden ecc and it works quite well, now leveling a lost souls cabalist (i think it has more damage than my conjurer but kinda squishy). Was curious about ritualist, but it’s hard to miss all the good skills on Occultist.

1 Like

Maya, do you think going full Vitality is better in current patch than full chaos (via Mythical Fiendgaze)?

Either should be fine, but Vitality offers a ton more RR, making me gravitate towards it for DPS.

Immortal Skeletons are Back

(Until they get nerfed next patch)

Awesome build, thank you very much. Is it anything I can help you with some tests ?

1 Like

What kind of tests do you mean? :yum:

Anything to help with optimization the build.
I see you’ve changed items on build right now ?