«Slaughter» doesn't work

What it is said in the tittle, the buttom of slaught doesn’t work. My livestock is growing out of control while I order slaughter without working, and my population begins to starve. I had to stop playing to avoid it

1 Like

Hello,

There is a known bug with cows AI. I had same issue, too.

Please check if…

• your barn is in a fenced/walled area
  • or cows went stuck on way home from field in a fenced/walled area (sometimes cows take a longer way home, just because there is a road)
    Remove some single parts from your walls/fences to fix it. Make sure barn is outside of fenced/walled areas and make sure they don’t have gates or walled areas on their way home.

I think i can add more information about it. I know about fencing bug, but find more.
It caused only on my older saves (one from 10 august, one older).
On new saves this work ok.
Barn just completely buged. Workers don’t slaugher cows and don’t milking them.
If u enable milking they just stuck in barn and do nothing (no slaugher, no milking). If you disable milking, they freely go to the pasture.
What i tried? I try to replace the barn, remove all fences etc. Nothing changes.
I try to create new barn and divede herd in new barn, but it doesn’t work (no milking/no slaughern).
On another save (older) milking doesn’t work, but slaughtern work properly.
So i think it’s save-file-based bug.
Any idea how to fix it, or i need to start new map and completely forgot about my little Malmouth?)
P.S.: I can’t rule out that Malmouth is just a cursed place…

can confirm - check for walled in cows and remove walls to allow them to return & the barn should function normally

Nothig special, but little funny bug. Cow is rock D:

It is indeed the cows that are stuck, for some strange reason the cows can’t use (fence) gates.
The gates think that they are a boar(?) and doesn’t allow to pass.

This is frustrating. I have tried it all. But I am not able to sacrifice the cows. I tried to add more barns so i am able to split them. But now it is unsustainable. Cows numbers increase and increase. Then they get sick because of the population and i can do nothing about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.