Sneaky Reanimator stole my bounty quest target!

I had the standard Homestead bounty quest - “Kill Bogloth the Marrowdrinker in Smugglers Pass”

I always take this quest as he is fairly easy to find in the pass and with a sturdy build is easy to kill.
This time however, it had a different outcome? He was in the second group of enemies to the right of the portal amongst that usual group of Aetherials there. I charged in with Blitz and started lashing out my damage.

Amid my carnage, Bogloth and all the Aetherials laid as corpses at my feet.
HOWEVER - My bounty quest did not say return to Homestead, but stayed on the kill Bogloth quest.

I think the issue was that as both the enemy factions were fighting each other and just before my fatal kill on Bolgroth that pesky Reanimator sneaked in his own kill shot that denied me my bounty reward.

Oh yeah, he paid for it in spades as his smashed warped body lay on the ground next to my target, but alas too late for my bounty and I had to restart the session to complete it.

Next time I see Bogloth amongst that second group that is fighting those Aetherials, the Aetherials are gonna go down first - and then the Big Guy will face my focused wrath :muscle:

3 Likes

I think you’ve met a sneaky bounty hunter :wink:

1 Like

Ive noticed this before myself if you dont get that last hit in you lose. Outside of the rovers camp where you have to kill that named beast just a little over If a bandit kills him u have to relog the game and restart the mission. Thats true for any quest where there might be other enemies there. You have to get the last hit.

On the ‘non-bounty’ flipside of this scenario - whenever I’m in a section where I know that two different faction types hostile to each other are likely to spawn and be fighting one another (Blood Grove area is a good example) I always try to bum rush and mop them all up fast as possible.

Can’t be letting them steal our XP from us, now can we?

1 Like