So are builds from before 1.2 any good now?

So how has this 1.2 update affected stuff? Are a lot of the old build guides useless now or what?

1 Like

it depends on the build, obviously

1 Like

pet builds ded tho.

1 Like

maya’s biggest copium

4 Likes

Till SR75-76/ for nemezis hunting - all builds stays just ok, no major changes imho :slight_smile:
Oh some of them are just easier to pilot thanks to evade: ranged, rouge style etc.

1 Like

dunno about guides but all my old builds that I tested in V1.2 still work fine, most even better than before thanks to less resist overcap needed and the new evade ability which isn’t only useful against sunder.

For some builds I had do some minor gear/skill adjustments because a lot happened there, but nothing too crazy. There aren’t any dead builds as far as I’m aware. Except all those rotten carcasses in that mass grave on the pet sematary of course :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I just tried lokarr with my vitality build which I used to farm him with and now I can’t survive. I don’t know wtf the devs did since 1.9.7 but a lot of my old builds are trash now.

1.9.9.7 is 11 months ago by now.
Most likely some core items changed so that ur build doesnt function anymore, at least that is my guess.
Probably a good idea to post ur build via GT in the build section and maybe ask for help? :thinking:
Cuz usually vitality builds, even with less optimal gear, can farm MC pretty easily outside of super bosses.

I think the new sundering mechanic that was added in 1.2 is the reason it’s not surviving. When the debuffs show on screen it can’t leach fast enough. I’ll make a post about it in the builds section. Ritualist, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Basis of almost all builds will work most of the time, unless core items got changed (but that rarely happens). You just have to adjust some things here and there based on your performance. Use different augments or components, move around some skill points or even adjust devotion route.
It seems like facetanking is a little less effective now so stacking more DA or more layers of defensive cooldowns might be the way to go. Or the opposite - after all, it might be better to throw defence out of the window (getting 30% more tankier won’t help if all it does is making you survive 3 hits instead of 2) to kill things faster - as once a wise man said: killing enemies fast enough is a form of damage mitigation :smiley:

SR 75-76 in general seems easier. The builds I tried so far work pretty much same as before, including pet ritualist.

send u a DM regarding ur build issue.

1 Like

So far I’ve dabbled in 1.2 only briefly, but I’ve tried somewhere around 8 of my builds in SR75-76 and SR80-81, some even at 85-90 and all work fine, some of them even much better than before. In fact the game generally feels easier than before even if the builds didn’t receive any changes. Lack of flat RR means phys res isn’t getting tanked all the time, reduced enemy phys damage output also helps, several Nemeses seem to have gotten weaker (Reaper springs to mind, Valdaran too because he no longer RRs to punish lower overcaps). Not sure what the whole “pets ded” meming is supposed to be about, tried 2 pet builds, one seems to work about as well as before despite some damage nerfs, another seems way stronger than before, possibly thanks to enemy Vitality res nerfs. But also its pets somehow seem a lot more durable (Skellies). Used to lose a good number of them in 75-80, now it loses them less at 80-85.