So who's the new evil badass hanging out with Boris?

It would be amazing for us…but maybe terrifying for Z as he couldn’t just ignore our demands for MOAR if he was stuck in a room with all of us. :slight_smile:

Somebody seriously needs to just make this happen.

2 Likes

This was the reaction during a dev stream back in November 2018 - Blizzcon happened to start the same day which is why the subject came up in the stream.

" najvus : Cratecon
FlamingX21 : Boston?
snowmanplayer123 : Cratecon next year
MedeaFleecestealer : YES
Sinnfullduck : I’d be at CrateCon
Mullbub : why does it have to be in US?
SlackerKing : Cratecon with Tri-Beer
kodos44 : I’ve been to Pax East so…YES!!!
najvus : i would travel around the world for Cratecon ofc!
snowmanplayer123 : I’d have to fly a continent to get there but i’d definitely come
MarxoneX : you have to promise something to people and they will come - for example Free Hat
Sinnfullduck : CrateCon in Vegas
Arnge : A big BBQ in Zantai’s back yard
snowmanplayer123 : rent a club for the night and call it CrateCon
ChthonicSonic : CrateCon is a secret level in the SR
TwstedTV : CrateCon - NYC 2019
MedeaFleecestealer : Tri-beers all round.
Crank9000 : Tri-grape juices for under aged
wylhelmien : will be hard to set a Cratecon since you guys release info and game when they ready to get out and not on set date with deadline! your compagnie would have to review their philosophie
najvus : i live about 8-9 hours by flight from the east coast ! still will be able to get to CrateCon
TwstedTV : 8 hours ? Boston is like 3 hours on AmTrak No way its 8 hours…LOL
Zantai_GD : lol yeah good luck getting medierra to travel somewhere else
anathema2741 : you can talk about grim dawn all day… and maybe a new project? wink wink at the hypothetical cratecon i mean
kyleblake48 : did you see the awesome cosplay of Uroboruuk set on the forums? we’d have more of that at CrateCON!"

So yeah, a fair amount of enthusiasm for the idea.

3 Likes

From my experience, people are a lot more amicable in person. Something about not hiding behind a digital avatar I guess. :wink:

3 Likes

RektbyProtoss is the boss right now… literally. :sunglasses:

I find this very cool, thanks for posting it.

But now I am stuck with mental images of me as Aetherial boss :smile:

7 Likes

Yep, those guys are real KILLERS!
(all the other new bosses I find are manageable)

Did a few runs with my top tier guys and they basically got destroyed in seconds. So far I only have ONE of my top tier characters that can actually face tank and take them down 100% of the time. A few others can but a few deaths and lots of kiting are normally the order of the day.

My condolences to some hard core players that thought the new pit bosses may be a lucrative drop. That surprise factor of sheer stunlock and zero ability to generate health is a recipe for death.

Hardcore Player Advice - REALLY REALLY stay away from Boris and his new pit buddies, it usually won’t end well.

4 Likes

Too late. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The same for the guy in the Arkovian Docks. Or at least don’t face him in elite with like 10% aether resist because you’re an overconfident bitch.

2 Likes

Come on lad, its just a friendly WWE show match.

1 Like

@RektbyProtoss nearly flattened me with rapid fire blitz style mobility skills that seemed like they had zero cooldown. It was one of the most frantic fights I have had. How did I survive it? I ran. Im man enough to admit it, yeah, I ran like a shameless coward. He chased me for like 4 or 5 full screens worth of distance traveled before turning around.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s me now, I run up to the edge just so I can peek, if either of them is there I run like a little bitch. No shame. I run a lot now. :smiley:

1 Like

A standard PS warder handles them just fine, just need good stun/freeze/slow resists and good adcth. I struggled on my first run through mainly b/c I was surprised to actually be taking damage and tried to kite a bit.

Naw, in HC we just get lots of stun/freeze/slow/etc resists even for the OC, you never know when something will come up and kill you. That’s the only reason I made it the first time though. Well that and my ability to quickly pause the game, then unceremoniously exit while I caught my breath, but whatever. :slight_smile:

How did I miss this quote??? 8.371/10

1 Like

not even over 9000 :sob:

Used to be you could breeze by the pit and swat Boris like a fly. So far it’s exactly 50/50 for me statistically if Alaric dies before my acid dervish dies. Hell, I’d much rather fight 3 x Fabius. Gladly.

Alaric is a real wake up call. Haven’t met Rekt yet.

1 Like

You just made me burn an exp potion (still had 40 min left on it) b/c I forgot that you were hangin’ out with Boris. I had to exit or would have died. Thanks a lot!

-40000 iron bits :slight_smile:

Yeah, and I was already low b/c spent so many leveling a Purifier.

Man, I’m all kinds of conflicted on this.

On the one hand, it is cool that Crate did this kinda shoutout thing, I think it’s always great when the community gets shoutouts/recognition from time to time, and I felt the exact same way about Zedlee up in Homestead.

But goddamn was it a kick in the balls to be making my way through Arkovia on Elite as usual, only to get near instakilled by ya boi Rekt through sheer stunlock and move spam. I went back a second time and tried to take him on, and I whittled his health down a fair amount while barely surviving those damned forcewaves, only to find that he’s got something on him that heals his health by a good third, probably that one Soldier move or something ._. So fuck that.

I usually prefer my crazy superbosses that my squishy Purifier has no chance against in little side areas that you gotta track down, not smack dab in the middle of the main storyline.

I guess my only complaint is that, cool as these two new player bosses are, they really should’ve been put elsewhere.

1 Like

Wait, what about Zedlee? Must have missed that one. Whats his story?

A sad one from early on in development.

Also the tombstone for Gogo the Chaotic Mellon at Tyrant’s Hold is similar so I understand.

2 Likes