So who's the new evil badass hanging out with Boris?

I recently started playing again, but I’ve been finishing up a leveling job for the past couple of days and hadn’t played on any 100s yet. Today i dusted off the PS Warder for some totem/nemesis runs and ran into some crazy badass hanging out with Boris in his pit. Mofo looked to be using lightning tether and a few other nasty things, he almost killed me. I ended up pausing game and restarting.

Who is this guy? I just read through the 1.7 patch notes and didn’t see any mention of new, um, for lack of a better description, Mini Boss Sidekicks ™.

1 Like

Probably want to start at 1.8, for one.

As for the rest…

2 Likes

Zantai - from a Steam thread

"It was our tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement and commemoration of the community driven PVP tournaments that ran over the summer. Both of the winners had their exact builds and equipment added as mini-bosses along with a medal that should make any future PVP endeavors more interesting.

We enjoyed the tournaments and seems the community did too, so this was our way of saying “keep it up!”

5 Likes

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, just saw that 1.8 is out now.

His name is Acedian Aldric, and he did drop a lvl 20 medal that looked cool enough that I saved it for leveling in future. :slight_smile:

The pit can spawn Acedian Aldric and another that i’m not gonna spoil the name.

Ah, that explains it, I ran into them both at once I guess. Did a few more runs and only saw Acedian Aldric, he’s not so bad by himself…and when you’re expecting him haha.

Actually no, it can spawn either Aldric or the other, never both at once. Boris can spawn with one of them.

I found the other one. Ah, the naming convention makes sense now. It’s amazing that after all these years they’re still adding fun and interesting content free of charge!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

No offense, but Aldric gave me more trouble… :slight_smile:

He beat me in the last tournament after all.

Word on the street is that you “destroy immersion”.

tenor

7 Likes

Oh my god this is the coolest shit I have ever seen yet in this game, man. The Leo rings in FG- that was classy, and very cool of Crate to do… but THIS??? This is just, like… Damn!! Awesome! Takes it to a whole new level!

Im glad @RektbyProtoss got this acknowledgment, and the other winner too. Hosting a PvP event was one of the coolest things I have witnessed being organized on this forum and even just being a silly participant on the first one, I was exposed to a whoooole other level of this game’s community! Seemed like most people knew each other, and that was pretty rad.

The only other time I have ever been a part of something that cool was when I went to Gooncon in Las Vegas in 2004 back when Something Awful was in its prime. Hundreds of people who knew eachother from the forums, hanging out in Vegas and doing whats done in Vegas. Makes me wonder if there will ever be a… GRIMcon. Haha. Yeah probably not likely with COVID runnin thangs.

Very cool stuff. Showing all my friends right now!

5 Likes

CrateCon did get suggested a while back, but Crate don’t seem that interested sadly. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I just wished Fabius can also spawn inside the pit and hang out with those 3 . sadly he is a bit loner and stays outside ( face-palm)… for the taken to be totally immersed… just imagine if Boris… Aldtric and Protoss plus The Unseen Gonzar are chilling inside the pit! Thats pure bloodbath!

1 Like

The medal isn’t intended for leveling. It was made so that health regeneration (which was sort of OP in terms of the PVP format) will be not as good, and makes for more interesting level 20 PVP stuff.

Seems like he got rekt. :rofl:

Funny how people complain about getting rekt by the two new champions of the pit and not about the up to 6 yugol bosses from a single totem.

“Seems like crate rushed this”…lmao. If anything they blitzed it.

But then again, steam forum has been an entertaining place to read… let’s say interesting opinions after pretty much every patch.

6 Likes

Wrecking immersion is like the most fun you can have in any game. If you don’t illusion your gear into a gazerman, the Soiled Trousers, and a dual-wielded pair of Finger of Gar’Dalvurs then I don’t know what you’re even doing.

4 Likes

You must be my psychic lost twin. I literally mentioned Soiled Trousers in an example about “emersion” just yesterday :wink: - for a different thread concerning someone who had posted claiming Monster Totems were “emersion” breaking.

Everytime I see posts crying about immersion just know that I’m rolling my eyes.

4 Likes

In all seriousness I think it’s really important for games to have little gags like that. Obviously you don’t want Borderlands-level zaniness for everything you play, but a small reminder now and again that it’s just a game and you shouldn’t take it so seriously is a great way to keep things fun.

5 Likes