Soldier + Arcanist

Not saying -% reductions are necessarily bad but flat values can be useful throughout the game if they’re on a scaling skill (e.g. one of the mastery skills). Look at similar stats like flat reduced OA/DA for instance.

That makes sense, but flat OA/DA also work in unison with %OA/DA though, so I’m not sure if we are comparing apples to apples here, mate.

Individual sources of -OA/DA are generally lower than flat sources to be fair so I’d expect the same from flat Armour shred if it returned - for it to be reasonably high (but not ridiculous).

That said though, I’m basing this on the fact that we already have -/% and reduced OA/DA. If we just had one or the other for Armour shred, then values would likely be different.

1 Like

OFF is fine with Mageslayer set. It freezes and giving RR for some period. Also OFF is one of the fastest leveling skills in early game, combined with fire blast from component.

RR without the freezing process will beat the whole purpose of this skill.

I haven’t used Mageslayer for a while, but do you know how long Mageslayer can freeze highly resistant enemies? Is it less than 1 second?

It’s actually a waste of points unless you twink extra hard, as you can’t even grab aether crystal formations with it.

A debuff with a secondary node for an initial freeze would do better.

2 Likes

Those are immune to CC in general. Most “tower” style enemies are, like the Heralds or Aetherial Sentinels.

From what I can tell. Mageslayer reduces Freeze duration by -55% and Bosses/Nemeses have a standard Freeze duration reduction of 138% on Ultimate. So, Flash Freeze at 12/12 should be effective for 0.7s, and for 1s at 22/12.

1 Like

Thanks for teaching me!
My PC is old and has poor specs, and there is no player technique to supplement it, so it seems difficult to use multiple skills to accumulate DoT during that period.:scream:

It seems strange to me that for the normal work of the skill you need a whole set.
Well, the initial stage is very fast, and monsters die with a poke and without RR with OFF. (even on Veteran)
Just as for me, this artificial limitation (the skill of the initial game) greatly limits the ability of the Arcanist as a whole.

It’d be more accurate to say “you need the set to use OFF on Bosses”. It still works on the majority of Heroes and below reasonably well without it.

Does anyone have a problem with “not bosses” without OFF?
All the top content is in the bosses. Having made OFF the initial skill, the developers from the very beginning limited the ability of the Arcanist.
At the same time, other classes do not have such problems. For example, the aura of the Nightblade. Or the occultist debuff. These skills are always useful and against everyone.

You need to think of OFF as a levelling skill…or training wheels. It wouldn’t be very fair if you could apply massive fire RR and phys RR on an entire screen of enemies, while freezing them with one press of a button at the late game, now would it?

I agree. But I’m not saying what needs to be done in this form. For example, through the set, you can reduce something, for example, the range to several meters.

However, the truth is that I do not insist on the alteration of the OFF, I simply proposed as an option.
I just want at least some changes, so as not to feel flawed on BM compared to other classes.
I can only hope that the developers will be able to come up with a decent solution.

П.С.
By the way, regarding the arc blade. And if you add shield damage to the skill, which decently will increase the damage with one-handed, can this increase the attractiveness of Arc Blade?

Regarding OFF. After all, the Set of Mage Killer is designed for elemental damage, that is, does not use RR for physics from absolute zero?
But what if you pick up RR from absolute zero and transfer it to another skill? For example Inferno (after all, he had RR before)?

Practical RR for arcanist has been nixed a dozen dozen times by Zantai.

When you have a bunch of individual sources of flat Physical Damage, (e.g., your weapon, your rings, your belt, etc.) they do not sum up before being evaluated against an enemy’s armor. Instead, Armor additively absorbs each source first , and then the results are summed together.

This is so utterly insane…

If I remember right, this was discovered late into vanilla (just after Beronath, Reforged got 100% Elemental->Physical conversion if I remember right).

It’s just a case where because several Physical builds had existed by the time it was found and were balanced around it that it stuck around rather than changing it. Changing it would really just make work for the sake of work whilst not achieving much in the long run.

One of the things to fix in a future GD2 i suppose. Still, these kind of obscure yet important mechanics are headache inducing.

For example, does that mean Oleron belt’s flat damage is totally useless? because that 19 damage ampted by 20x physical bonus is just gonna get blocked entirely by armor as a separate instance.

Enemies generally will only have 70% armour absorption like the player. So any flat damage source no matter how small will still be useful. But it does mean Physical lends itself to getting bigger chunks of Physical damage than smaller frequent bits.

I thought the %armor absorb mechanic is just a modifier of the total value? So if you have 70% of 2000 you still absorb 1400. Usually mobs have 2k armor endgame, so it blocks all damage from the chain even at 70% armor absorb?