Some data on chances to get particular materials from dismantling legendaries

I’ve spent the last week on dismantling 5000 level 84+ legendaries and thought “why not document this while I’m at it”. So here’s the “fruit of labor” (it really was a labor in all honesty):

5000 seemed like a good number to me and it should give some rather accurate percentages on various materials you can get. Of course, dismantling 100k items would be better, but I ain’t got an eternity. Besides, I’ve ran out of materials to craft dynamite (crystals and searing ember), so there’s that.

Advice for those who want to take on a similar feat: farm Aether Crystals in The Immolation. It has the highest density of Aether Clusters, a boss that can drop an Aether Shard, two free dynamite sticks and two chests of random quality (from which you can get some Scavenged Plating and Searing Ember for dynamite crafting, as well as iron bits - you’ll need a lot of them).

It seems it’s better to farm Ugdenbloom after all.

20 Likes

Nice work!

“I’d rather drown in gasoline!”

At least I got quite a bit of crafting mats to last me for a few characters XD Wouldn’t recommend to repeat that to anyone who values their sanity though!

I always thought about something like this but including rares/MI and epic. Obviously, I never tried on this scale, but how about dismantling those cheap faction vendor epic? Will the result worth it? :thinking:

If I remember correctly I was also trying to do that with epics, but apparently I wasn’t impressed by the results to be bothered to continue. Maybe if one is really desperate, but I think you’ll run out of iron bits before you’ll get some significant amount of mats to craft one-two items XD

1 Like

Would have been faster and more accurate to just look at the loot table dismantling uses :smiley:

Well, it’s not like I was doing this just to learn the probabilities =) But I was actually wondering what numbers are set in game files. For Skelly key in particular. Care to share that knowledge with us? =)

This is interesting. I didn’t even know we could get skeleton keys from dismantling.

I’ve either made them in game or just got frustrated and used the GDStasher to add them when I ran out.

It’s 0.5 * 10 / 1075 ~ 0.4651%

0.5 because it’s in one of two tables each with 50% chance
10 is the relative weight of skeleton key in the table
1075 is sum of the weights (shown below)

It’s quite lucky that your data matches so accurately for Skeleton Key
which is the rarest yet not so accurately for more common drops.

mods/gdx2/database/records/items/loottables/misc/tdyn_craftingmaterials_02.dbr

lootName1,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_ancientheart.dbr,
lootName10,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_celestiallotus.dbr,
lootName11,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_eldritchessence.dbr,
lootName2,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_bloodchthon.dbr,
lootName3,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_taintedbrain.dbr,
lootName4,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_manticore.dbr,
lootName5,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_skeletonkey.dbr,
lootName6,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_aetherialmissive.dbr,
lootName7,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_aetherialmutagen.dbr,
lootName8,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_ugdenbloom.dbr,
lootName9,records/items/crafting/materials/craft_wendigospirit.dbr,
lootWeight1,100,
lootWeight10,25,
lootWeight11,50,
lootWeight2,100,
lootWeight3,100,
lootWeight4,40,
lootWeight5,10,
lootWeight51,0,
lootWeight52,0,
lootWeight53,0,
lootWeight54,0,
lootWeight55,0,
lootWeight56,0,
lootWeight57,0,
lootWeight58,0,
lootWeight59,0,
lootWeight6,200,
lootWeight60,0,
lootWeight61,0,
lootWeight62,0,
lootWeight63,0,
lootWeight64,0,
lootWeight65,0,
lootWeight66,0,
lootWeight67,0,
lootWeight68,0,
lootWeight69,0,
lootWeight7,200,
lootWeight8,50,
lootWeight9,200,

Btw if I were to dismantle so much, I’d make some macro to make those clicks for me.
One would activate it when cursor is over an item and it would go back to the initial position
after dismantling and putting materials in your inventory. Like a hammer cursor in Diablo 3.
Should be possible to configure in GDAutocaster.

2 Likes

There are three sets of probabilities, if you are below level 12, 12 to 90 and above 90. I will ignore the first one for simplicity

Dread Skull 3.52%
Symbol of Solael 2.35%
Ancient Armorplate 4.69%
Mark of the Myrmidon 4.69%
Lodestone 2.35%
Spellwoven Treads 4.69%
Unholy Inscription 4.69%
Arcane Lens 2.35%
Bindings of Bysmiel 4.69%
Chains of Oleron 4.69%
Hallowed Ground 4.69%
Devil-touched Ammo 3.52%
Mark of Dreeg 3.52%

First % up to level 90, second % level 90 and up:

Ancient Heart 13.05%, 4.65%
Blood of Ch’thon 12.31%, 4.65%
Tainted Brain 12.80%, 4.65%
Manticore Eye 1.97%, 1.86%
Skeleton Key 0.49%, 0.46%
Aetherial Missive 2.46%, 9.30%
Aetherial Mutagen 2.46%, 9.30%
Ugdenbloom 1.23%, 2.32%
Wendigo Spirit 2.46%, 9.30%
Celestial Lotus 0.25%, 1.16%
Eldritch Essence 0.49%, 2.32%

Both sets have a 50% total each, if this does not add up, these are rounding errors :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, but I mean, if it wasn’t for lack of dynamite, I would probably go on further to reach 10k mark, which would give more accurate numbers, obviously =)

I started thinking of that somewhere in the middle of the process. But I figured I’ll waste more time trying to finetune the macro itself at that point! (since I have next to no experience with them)

I was suspecting there’s player’s level at play as well, but wouldn’t think of such weird division XD Also interesting how “base game” mats have higher chance to drop pre-level 90, and AoM + FG are vice versa. I guess it’s some kind of “equalization” for those who only have the base game.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Check out this dismantling:

(yes, I play with boomer cursor)
3 Likes

if you were to only own the base game, the loottable would look different (max level is 75 then anyway and it would not contain any AoM / FG components), so whatever the reason is, it is not base game vs DLC

“Big” items (3x2, 2x2) are not much of a problem. But jewelry and belts are a bitch! But I guess I’ll consider something like this for the next dismantling marathon…

Hm, yes, that makes sense. I guess I was thinking of modern Titan Quest tables, where even if you don’t own all of the DLCs, you’ll still get DLC item drops (but will be unable to pick them up) for “multiplayer compability” sake. But you can’t play multiplayer on base GD with those who own at least AoM. My bad.