Some feedback I'd like to share after having beat ultimate HC and feeling like I've learned the game somewhat properly

I meant that itemization and mechanics in Grim Dawn and Diablo 3 are on a completely different level and having far more items and no x50 damage multipliers means sets are not as important as in D3.

But due to a different reason than the one I stated. You said it would be quick / dirty / shoehorning and you didn’t see the problem with it boosting character’s general offense and defense. Quite the contrary.

I meant you too. Just a poor choice of words from a feeling of having an influence on the game because of how :crate: gathers and reads feedback.

Fair points, all. I feel like you misinterpreted my even bringing up D3 and Chronicon, it wasn’t to draw direct comparisons, only to point out that if indeed sets are an itemization issue within Grim Dawn, it’s not a problem unique to this game within the genre, that it seems like sets create this vacuum in their wake by merely being in a game regardless of how it’s implemented, 12,000% bonus damage to a spam skill or not.

Edit: I’d say the only way around this is to build a game from the ground up where every item can be built into a top tier item and “sets” are just aesthetic, which I feel like this is pretty close to how Last Epoch treated it, although they still have sets and uniques within that game as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.