Some help with AAR fire sorcerer

Hi, im working on a AAR sorcerer and I wonder if others have done the same and what they did with it. I did some testing and got to wave 163 on crucible (with buffs) cause my phone rang and i had to pick up. Res is all over 30 % capped and lifesteal seems to keep this thing alive. I only played SR in groups (one time a 75 alone which was fine due to lucky spawns).

The build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxmMjJZ
Built by @Norzan, tweaked by @adoomgod
I hope this helps

interesting thanks

spirit and lifesteal is much higher in my build. Also armor is 23 % more. I like that shoulder item though.

There is still a large room for improvement, though.
First - why you dont use Alexander’s Legguards? Even with a bit worse mods, +3 to Disintegration would significantly boost your DPS.
Second - why Fateweaver’s Raiment? It’s a caster piece, that lacks armour. Why dont use 3-rd Justice set piece, for example? It would skyrocket your DA as well.
Third - about lifesteal (ADCTH). If you want more that 6% on offhand, why dont use Mythical Essence of Grim Dawn amulet instead? With it you wont have to stack general ADCTH everywhere and can turn to much tankier devotion setup.
Fourth - rings. Dont be so obsessed with legendaries. Your rings grant you almost no resists and OA. Yes, 8% res reduction is nice, but not as much as to use otherwise useless ring. Why dont use rare rings with “of attack” mods and decent res prefixes?
And the last - if you value tankiness that much, you should’ve choosen Inquisitor mastery instead of Demolisher. It offers far more tankiness there. FAR move, believe me.

1 Like

ah yes no i dont have those pants. About the ADCTH i tried to combine both from the amu and the offhand. But i see your point in making it more like essence of grim dawn and choosing different devotions. Ill consider this in my build thread and keep searching and improving as much as i can.

*i also explained a bit of my choices in my build thread. Also fateweaver mainly because of resistances and physical res. It also buffs the team i personally think a really good item.

You can farm them - Crucible, SR, Alex…

Fateweaver is a nice item, true, BUT. Armour value on chest DOES really matter, as it contributes the most into your total amour. Furthermore, Justice chest piece grant you enormous amount of

Oh, BTW… stop try other augments for weapon and jewelry. 3% OA and 15 poison res isnt what you want. I’d suggest t try get poison res with some rare item instead and use Osyr’s Wisdom.
Also, if you aim for high armour, 95% armour absorbtion is not enough, you need 100%. For that you’d probably need Ancient Armour plate in your pants.
You have also a major weakness of not capping slow & freeze resist.

thanks for the advice. Yes that does seem a lot more bang for your buck that augment. Once i get poison res from somewhere ill take that augment and once im revered with that faction too. Also consider that i have to give up 9% phys res for that justice set chest.

And how about this setup? Looks kinda realistic to me. Or something like https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLnXv9N even.

From my own experience - phys res isnt that important at all. +10% wont make any difference.
It’s because of mechanics. Do you know why Inquisitor is so tanky? Because it reduces enemy damage, and armour check is performed AFTER that damage reduction. So its effectiveness skyrockets.
Phys resist, on other hand, works AFTER armour, and if your armour soaks up almost all damage, there is no difference, whether you have physical resist or not.

10% makes a world of difference in crucible and SR

Getting physical resistance over 30% to 40% makes a ton more difference than higher armor on a single piece of armor. Not to mention Fateweaver offers a ton of res and energy regen, and AAR needs a lot of the latter.

yeah well i see how i could improve with some cool green rings for sure but for now fateweaver keeps my res all capped at 30% which has proven its worth when debuffs are done in SR also i like that it helps the team as i often play with a few friends in SR. Damage wise i don’t even go up that much with justice chest i checked (4 k or so) defense wise yeah its nice for sure, but isnt how armor also determined by where you get hit? still the chest is the largest chance to get hit. But honestly i would love to take it but for now my goals are different for this build then just armor and i don’t know yet how to compensate it i will maybe in the future.

That’s not really true, with Bard’s Harp and one “of insight” mod on gear you can as well forget about energy expenditure altogether…

I meant that exactly. Armour value on chest is the most important, cause most hits come there.

Bard’s Harp doesn’t have 100% uptime and Of Insight is a pretty bad suffix.

You are putting way too much emphasis on armor. Honestly, armor only really make a difference when you get 2,5k and up. Before that it’s pretty much better to get as much physical resistance as you can. And AAR Sorcerer can barely reach 2k armor.

Bad? You call a suffix, that grants 22% chaos res, ~160% damage and 22 OA, not to mention massive energy regen, a WEAK? Really?

Pretty much, yeah. There are other much better suffixes that you could be using instead of that one. That’s one of the suffixes i hope gets buffed in the next patch.

Again, not 100% uptime, meaning gaps of time where your energy regen tanks if you rely on temporary buffs that don’t have 100% uptime for energy regen. And AAR is a channeling skill, meaning you want to sustain at all times.

The OP is also not using Bard’s Harp.

Are you serious? AAR build has ~6k energy pool, so “spikes” in energy regen dont matter whatsoever!
And which suffixes are better? “Of kings”? Or maybe “of attack”? “Of scorched runes”? I dont see those as “much better”…
Suffixes on armour are generally BAD. They dont offer as much OA as jewelry “of attack” mod, they dont offer skill bonuses like mods on weapon/offhand, etc. So among those, “of insight” is clearly strong.

Yes but mine has higher phys resist, OA, DA. I didnt find lifesteal was lacking but it can ofc be tweaked.