Sound and Music - Behind the Scenes

That sounds so awesome! hahah

There’s nothing more terrifying than the constant and unrelenting sound of a baby crying lol.

Many late nights I sat there in bed just thinking “oh god please make it stop”!

:rolleyes:

That was fantastic. The theme playing at the end reminds me of a david lanz / paul speer track, albeit edgier and thicker with anxiety and loss.

Great work! (i wonder, though, how many ivy leaves were harmed in the making of the effects reel).

yes, please do! on second thought: no, please don’t. how could i so much as harm these monsters with that in mind? :smiley: anyway, glad to see/read you’re in this with so much enthusiasm & creativity.

be sure to include a disclaimer “no seven week olds where harmed for the making of this game/trailer.” …and maybe no leaves… looks at greymouse raising an eyebrow :stuck_out_tongue:

hey, and, um, all the best for your young family there…

:slight_smile:

Thats what I was thinking. If you could be compared to something that inspires you, obviously you’re doing something very well. And considering the fact that you’re actually MAKING the music, not just ripping it and saying its yours, makes it feel even better.

As for the baby monster…dear god.

I can only hope they are as terrifying as they sound.

oh no, a baby monster, that is just too terrifying to even face, run for your lives, there is a giant baby on the loose:D

:smiley: … hey, plants are people too.

You know – go berkeley, hemp and granola bars! (as long as the hemp, oats and whatnot were all anaesthetized before being slaughtered).

I just fell in love with the final music !! :smiley:

I have a question about the soundtrack. When will I get it? Will I be able to download the music from the Grim Dawn site as soon as I pay 35$ for the game, or do we wait until game release?

I believe you’ll have to wait till the final product. As for now there’s only a handful of songs available.

You can actually already download the songs from the media section.

Simply open up the song you want and then right click the song and choose “save as…”

I do believe that the soundtrack itself will obviously include more songs so I don’t think having the songs on the media list being available to download isn’t too bad a thing.

Thanks for the info. Probably listening to the soundtrack will hype me up so much, that I will go for 65$ version of the preorder xD

Reminds me of the Baby from Dante’s Inferno, if you never played the game then you haven’t seen the Babies in that game but check out the video of how they made it pretty cool.