Spellbinder cold based essence drain SR Elite 75 farmer build advice

Hello everyone!

I have made a cold based essence drain Spellbinder: Spellbinder, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator, with whom I have managed to reach SR level 80 in elite and SR 65 in Ultimate.

I manage to semi-consistently successfully farm SR 75 in elite. My time varies depending on the nemesis enemies I stumble upon. Kupakambra takes a long time as well as Moosilauke and Fabius.

In average for this build I make 16 to 20 minutes in SR 75 runs. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and die but most of the times with better positioning I manage to survive.

I have also reached CR level 120 in challenger difficulty, but I believe I can beat that difficulty as well if I choose a broader arena. I was running CR in the crucible of the void for more compact mobs and managed to get overwhelmed by multiple nemesis bosses.

I would like first to ask for advice for my devotions and abilities selection since they can be tweaked more readily and of course any other advice on equipment, abilities e.t.c.

I want to use this character to consistently farm faster the elite SR 75 in under 10 minutes if it is possible.

Thanks everyone in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

You need to convert Vitality damage on DE to Cold fully and a lot more Cold / Elemental resistance reduction. Both are mandatory

I’ll try to find an optimized build somewhere for this

1 Like

Than you very much for your reply!

Gravetouch is one of my target items. I haven’t managed to farm one yet. I will try the items you suggested once I locate any of them and the devotions too.

I will update this thread with any new data on my run with your suggestions.

You’ll have to level Elemental Storm to reach full power though.
I’d 1p Arcane Will.

1 Like

I’ve quickly theorycrafted a full build for this to the best of my ability:
Cold Drain Essence + Devastation Spellbinder
I included Devastation for more damage

1 Like

That is a nice and beefy version! It will take a good amount of beating to bring that character down. I switched to the elemental storm and have leveled it up half way already. I also completed the chill wind set.

I will try to use your entire suggestion for the devotion tree. I love devastation, but I don’t want to stray to much away from the theme of the cold essence drain necromancer.

The whole setup including devotion is tailored to the variant that also includes Devastation so I wouldn’t follow devotion and items in that case. I would do it differently if just playing Drain Essence.

1 Like

I came up with this trying to combine the extra survivability from your devotion combinations. I think it will allow me to even try and push trough to the same levels in SR in Ultimate. I also put points in arcane will as you suggested earlier.

I made better time in my last run! Thank you so much for the ideas! If I grow bored with this version of my spellbinder and by that time I have located the items you suggested in your last build, I will switch gears to cold devastation.

1 Like