Spellbreaker - Overload and Amarasta's Blade Burst question

Hi there, beginner here and first time posting. I’ve done quite a few searches on this and couldn’t find anything that conclusively answer my question (though I’ve learnt a lot on the way), so hopefully this fantastic community can help.

When my character has points into Overload and ABB, and is using ABB as left click, how does the frostburn component of overload (when it procs) interact with the inherent frostburn on ABB? Is it:

a). The higher damage frostburn from either skill is attempted to be applied?
b). ABB’s frostburn is always attempted and never Overload’s? Or the other way around?
c). The two frostburns are somehow combined in some sort of formula and then attempted to apply to the target? I’m careful not to use the word “stack” here because that might mean something else in the world of DOTs.
d). None of the above?

Basically, I’m trying to figure out if I’m wasting some portion of Overload on ABB.

Thanks!

Overload deals %33 chance of Burn, %33 chance of Electrocute %33 chance of Frostburn damage when you hit with your weapon.(basic attack or any skill that have weapon damage on it.) But if it coincides Frostborn damage with that instance you hit with ABB; the DoTs will stack because they are from different sources. All DoTs from different sources stack in this game.

PS: When you hit ABB again before previous ABB hit’s DoT contuniues, you only replenish the time. Same applies to other DoT from same source.

And welcome to the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

And welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Thanks!

And thanks for the explanation! So, by inference, even though ABB proc’ed the Overload frostburn, the source of that frostburn is considered to be Overload (not ABB). That’s great to know, I suspect this knowledge can be applied to other similar situations. :+1: