Starting Forgotten Gods content in Ultimate

Hi all

Quick Q… is it not possible to SKIP the FG content for Normal and Elite, and then start it in Ultimate?

I haven’t played any FG content yet. On my Tactician, I played Normal vanilla + Ashes of Malmouth, but that took my level quite high, so I moved straight to Elite.

Elite is a snoozefest, and I’ve completed my Devotions, so I decided to skip both AoM and FG once again and let the fun begin in Ultimate. I even overmaxed all my resistances to ensure a nice 80% across the board for the start of Ulti.

When I got to Devil’s Crossing, it turned out the guy who offers you FG isn’t there! I thought, maybe you have to complete the first Burial Hill quest before he appears, but no. Still not there.

I can only figure that I have to complete FG in one of the earlier difficulties first?

Thanks

I think you need to kill Warden Krieg on Ultimate to unlock FG content on ultimate difficulty.

What Sleeping_Sun said. You have to kill the Warden at the end of Act 1 in whatever difficulty you’re playing in, be it Normal, Elite or Ultimate. So carry on through to Burrwitch and his cellar hideout and kill him, then the Emissary will appear outside DC once you turn the quest into Bourbon.

Done! Really enjoying the new content so far. Tactician (now lvl 85) holding up solidly too.

Quick Q, you know the merits? If I purchase one in Ultimate, that unlocks Ultimate, will it also unlock Elite?

I now have “Obtain a Merit” as a quest, and I like to clear my quest sheet, but I wasn’t planning on bringing a character straight to Ultimate. I was, however, planning to roll my Druid straight to Elite :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Yes, it will unlock Elite.

Yes, the way the tokens work is if you buy one on Elite it will unlock Normal difficulty for other characters. When bought on Ultimate they unlock Normal and Elite difficulties.