Starting Town - Devil's Crossroads

“Devil’s Crossroads” has one to many S’s in it, Like Demon’s Souls. So I am all for Devil’s Crossing, as Devils Fork is just a little too punny.

Also the Town doesn’t actually have a Crossroad, which one would think a town called “Devil’s Crossroads” would have.

:smiley:

Edit: And I am now feeling the urge to listen to Robert Johnson and watch the movie “Crossroads.”

Devil’s Crossing.

It’s not a crossroads…but I like the connatation and it should be used elsewhere (also try to get the word “widdershins” into the game somewhere please!).

It’s not a fork…even with squinting…

It’s a place where you can cross some water, and if you rough up the water a bit, that could serve as the rationale. Not that you need one. Unless of course the/a devil actually lives there?

Plus, like lots of people have said, it’s easier to say.

Looks great!

Looks more like a T Intersection than a Crossroad to me.:stuck_out_tongue:

If it was more like this, then it could be called Devil’s Fork :wink:

I missed this. Somehow… anyway, it looks cool.
I don’t care too much about the name as a lot of good names can be put in, though I think Devil’s Crossing works well.

I voted crossing.

I think, though, you’ve overlooked the hopelessly optimistic approach town names generally take. In the real world, that would probably have been something twee like Three Bridges… Or Trinity Bridges… Or Tribridge… I think I’m thinking about this too much.

Are you suggesting something like “Happy Sunshine Vally” to lure the player into a false sense of security?

Stuff as “Last Hope” could work though :slight_smile:

“take a left when you get to a fork in the road.”

“I don’t believe it…”

LOL Foot-loose and fancy-free. Movin’ right along!

Now you’re moving away from the conversation Yerk.

I think the names could get more grandiose as time goes on, though. DC is fine for now, at least I like it.

Diiiiiiiiiiiid anyone else notice that there was no portal or quick travel location? – I’m getting a Town Portal Scroll feeling here DANCES WITH GLEE

They will add it later. It just a rough draft. More arts will comes later.

Crossing ftw! Hey this is looking real impressive! Thanks for the update too ^^,

Name it Devil’s Island!

I voted Devil’s Fork, but either of those three are fine.

I voted for Devils Crossroads. It seems more classic of a name but I think it’s a good name for the name Grim Dawn :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, looks like the results of this poll are pretty obvious! Devil’s Crossing it is.

Great then.

Pst: I’m itching for the short video. How about give us a peek?

Nice shot; can’t wait to see what more goodies you bring to the game:D By the way, Devil’s Crossing hands down!

I’m definitely looking forward to a world, where your actions and progress through the story affects the environment. It will make Cairn more lively. I hope you design the game, so that this happens in many places. Not only can there be destroyed bridges and buildings, which are restored later on. Maybe we need to burn down a building to setback the foe, or block a road to protect people.

I’m loving the unique look and style of this game. An interactive game world is always a pick plus in my book. I hope the freedom this type of independently funded project brings allows you to continue to take risks and carve your own path. Depths of Peril to me was a good example of how unique an indie ARPG can be. Unfortunately, it had too many faults and an art style I couldn’t get into, but the design was intriguing.

I’ll agree with this. But I’m also a sucker for puns, and think Devil’s fork could be used for a later crossroads that has 3 ways to choose to go, each leading to a different boss at the end of the pitchfork shaped road.