Stash space

They won’t, it’s been answered numerous times why they refuse to increase or create an endless storage system. Mules are your way to go.

Also, GDStash doesn’t force you to use the crafting and character editor. Just have self control and you won’t find yourself “cheating” the game.

There’s always Grim Dawn Item Assistant instead.

Get GD item assistant, it’s only for storing items nothing more.

By not using GD Item Assistant or Stash you cheating yourself out of fun and freedom you could have instead of creating mules, thinking which of your precious items to dismantle/sell etc. If you are afraid that others will call you a cheater for that, don’t, it’s pretty accepted I think.

What’s the problem with endless stash? Technical reasons?

14th Septmber 2018 stream:
"IMayBackstab: @CrateEntertainment any plans to assimilate some of these inventory/stash mods for a 5 or 10 dollar fee? Your players would be happy to spend that while also not splintering the player base as much with mods

I mean the people who have created these utilities for you guys have done them from their own free will for free and us basically taking that and charging money for it seems very unfair to them. And from our development perspective we have design decisions for why the bags are limited as they are. It is not just arbitrarily limited to screw you guys over, there are genuine reasons why that isn’t the case. But for those of you who want more stash space, that is why we allow modding and that is why you can use those utilities so you can have as much space as you want and because they work outside of the game they don’t splinter the player base. You can’t only play with people who use GDStash or GDIA, like you can play with everybody."

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77182

Medierra re storage 2014:

I wish I had time in my life to be upset about something so incredibly trivial. Really though, those things were added with very little time (probably less than 5 minutes for honey) and that time isn’t what kept us from implementing infinite storage.

Storage is actually kind of a personal thing, in terms of what is the right amount for people. Some people obviously want infinite storage and wish they could collect and categorize everything in the game. Other people will never hang on to enough stuff to fill up the storage available. Another group likes to collect things but wants some limit that eventually forces decisions about what to keep and what to sell.

Both the second and third type of player are similar, just one makes the decision proactively to sell things before they accumulate and the other holds onto things for a while until they’re pushed into making a decision as space becomes limited.

If you’re a hoarder who wants infinite space, you might be thinking “why on earth would anyone not want to keep all their items?!” Basically because people start to become overwhelmed by the amount of crap that they have. It becomes tiring looking at it all, sifting through it, trying to organize it. Some people love that but most people find it burdensome. Yet, left to their own devices with infinite space, a lot of people would just keep collecting things to the point that they didn’t even want to open their stash and have to deal with all the shit in their there.

I think for many, myself included, it also starts to diminish the perceived value of items as you amass a vast trove of them. If you have limited space and you find a duplicate epic weapon, you’ll tend to look at the stats and sell the lesser one. With infinite space, you’d probably keep collecting duplicates, because why not, and you’d end up with a dozen pairs of “The Final March.” Personally, I’d find that kind of immersion breaking looking at pages of multiple “unique” items. I mean, sure, we all know that items can drop infinitely but actually collecting them and seeing multiple copies laid out next to one another for different epics just kind of twists the knife in the gut of my suspension of disbelief.

I don’t have any hard metrics on this but my feeling is that the majority of players fall into the categories of not caring about stash size, wanting a limit on it or not realizing they want a limit on it but would have a detrimental experience if there weren’t one.

Either way, it is almost a certainty that someone will create a GDVault type program to add infinite storage for those who desire it - in fact, I know people have already worked on one. So it seems most practical to build in some reasonable limit, not too small and not too large, that will please most players, then let modding take care of those who need to collect it all.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=193656#post193656

The stash topic has been discussed (and answered) to death.

If you wish to have infinite storage, mods exist for that purpose.

The game has as much storage as we feel is ideal for the playerbase as a whole.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=700478#post700478

To me there is no difference between using Mules and a tool, the end result is the same: the items are stored in a bank, whether this bank is a DB or a character makes no difference.
In case of muling, your char is the DB storage, in case of a tool, it is a file. (BTW: your mule char is also a file in the end ;))

I tried muling for some time and ended up using GD Stash.
Granted, GD stash has options that allows you to cheat, just do not use them. It is not difficult.

I don’t think anybody would complain about more storage space. Or somebody was angered when the expansion added more stash space?

Anyway I think the devs should improve the handling of components. They could go into their own inventory bag or something.

I’ve used GDStash on and off over the years. Can’t say I ever suddenly felt like I needed to create gear or edit my character.

Self-control. It’s a thing. Try it. It’s totally possible to use a “tool” how you want to use it while ignoring any extra features it may have that you don’t like.

Please read the post above with Medierra’s comments about this…Yes having too much storage space is a problem for some people and it does detract seriously from the game, esp when you realise that you’ve spent more time in your stash sorting it out than actually playing the game.

Nobody would force them to use the extra storage space. Gamers who are comfortable with the currently available stash size could simply not unlock the extra tabs.

That is such a nonsense theory. If you have it, you will use it. You might as well say we increase the unique drop rate by 100 and anyone who thought the old one is fine or just wanted a small increase should not pick up most of them, that won’t work either, (almost) everyone will pick them up.

Otoh if you do want more space, there are already ways for you to get that (mods and tools) without affecting anyone else…

So we limit the space to everybody, because some people are so dim*, that let’s say 50 stash pages are too much for them, but they’re using the extra space anyway.
I thougth the expansion added extra stash because there is a demand for it without using mods.

(*I don’t mean you.)

It added one more personal and transfer stash tabs.

Trying to use insults will not help.

This is one of those things that’s like trying to explain colour to a blind person, if you have no problems using a massive / infinite stash it’s impossible to understand that other people do have problems with this. Even the suggestion of “just not unlock them” doesn’t work as it’s not until you have too many that you realise you have too many because you’re spending more time hunting through your inv than playng the game.

Still this is a subject that has been discussed repeatedly and all we are doing is simply rehashing the same arguments from years ago and that’s not going to change anything.

The game is fully moddable and single player, so add whatever stash mod you want and stop insulting people that don’t want a massive stash.

I think tituspullo and baloche have legitimate concerns and i am glad to see the new blood coming to the forums with FG’s release. I personally would love to see a complete overhaul to storage. I mean we just got a complete overhaul to item filtering why not storage as well?

I used to store all my Titan quest items in i think it was called TQVault. I never want to do that again.

I guarantee you tituspullo, baloche and i are not the only ones who would like to see much better item storage and organization done in the game. I would be willing to pay Crate to do this as a paid DLC as i have said in the past. There is no reason a paid DLC could not be done for organization and storage of items.

In the past Crate has made it clear they don’t want to muck around with storage. Grim Dawn has become a much bigger game then they ever anticipated, they can still grow and adapt to what customers want.

it is the same concern that has been raised every once in a while since day one. If Crate wanted to do something about it, they probably would have by now

I personally would love to see a complete overhaul to storage. I mean we just got a complete overhaul to item filtering why not storage as well?

storage is a lot more work though

I used to store all my Titan quest items in i think it was called TQVault. I never want to do that again.

so basically you are saying making it 50 stash pages is not a good idea ?

I guarantee you tituspullo, baloche and i are not the only ones who would like to see much better item storage and organization done in the game. I would be willing to pay Crate to do this as a paid DLC as i have said in the past.

Yes, infinite storage with good search functionality instead of too many unwieldy pages… this already exists in at least two tools already however and Crate implementing their own seems unlikely (although I would like that, for being properly integrated)

I too would pay for a stash expansion dlc.

With so many legendaries, a lot of which I want to keep duplicate copies of, I find the current shared stash is inadequate. It’s becoming more of a problem since FG was released as there were a lot of items added and nowhere near as much stash space to compensate (mainly talking about shared stash). I’ll fully admit I’m one of the ‘hoarding’ type people who don’t want to trash something ‘in case I need it one day’. I’m glad I do though because quite regularly I find that I DO need something I didn’t think I needed previously. Also with how long it can take to get certain drops due to RNG it really reinforces the desire to keep ‘one of everything’ because I have no idea or not if it was a ‘lucky drop’ or not.

Despite all that I do trash a lot of legendaries I know I don’t need as well.

It’s also not just legendaries it’s things like decent epics and green MI’s. I could fill a whole tab with green MI trousers that I want to keep alone.

It’s a headache figuring out what to keep in shared stash. All of my lvl 100 chars have a tab for MI’s, a tab for Epics and one/two tabs for legendaries so they’re effectively turning into Mules (which I hate) because I have to load them in and sort through inventories when I ‘think’ I have a legendary I want but don’t know where it is. Or worse it turns out I don’t have it and I cycled through 8 characters’ inventories for nothing.

Also when it comes to clearing out stuff I don’t want I don’t know for sure if I have that item stored already on another character so don’t know whether to scrap it or not. It’s just a mess now.

I also don’t want to use any third party mods. That’s just my decision so I’ll make do with what we have but the main reason I stopped playing Diablo 3 entirely was lack of stash space. Grim Dawn does have better stash options than D3 though, D3 was very limited.

I know some people say people will ‘always ask for more’ but that’s not the whole story, sure if you have a finite stash size there will still be people asking for more but the more stash space you give the less people there will be asking for more. There is a finite stash amount that would work for me. Probably something like another row of tabs on the shared stash.

Also I’ve never seen anyone post saying there’s too much stash space.

Same here. I’ve heard Blizz admitted recently it’s a technological limitation
(all items of all people in a party are loaded into your memory or something like that)
You can call me hoarder but I liked my items, even those which I knew would never be meta [but were cool for some reason]
Wolfshoes, honestly, stop self-hurting yourself and install Item Assistant :wink:

Cries in Shared Stash