Still don't understand - Attack Damage converted to Health

I am still confused by Attack Damage converted to Health. Some told me that Attack damage only applies to weapon attacks (skills that have weapon damage included) and some told me it only applies to Physical attacks.

Then you have skills like Drain Essence that has built in Attack Damage converted to Health but I don’t feel Harbringer of Souls improves Drain Essence’s leeching health?

Can somebody explain in more details?

🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners there you go buddy, read it two times and come back if you still do not understand adcth

Basically we have two types of adcth:

i) Global adcth that will only affect weapon damage, i.e. you will only get life back from damage you deal if you deal weapon damage.

ii) Skill specific adcth that will use the entire skill’s damage, regardless if the skill only has “pure” damage or has some weapon damage too.

harbinger of souls is global, applies to wpn dmg
drain essence has skill specific adcth

all direct damage types can steal life back to you btw.
Physical, pierce, fire, cold, lightning, aether, chaos, vitality

but not dot damages:
internal trauma, bleed, burn, frostburn, electrocute, vitality decay

retaliation damage can not steal back life for you either (unless you have %retal dmg added to attack and have weapon damage / or skill specific life steal)

How do I know if the leeching type is Global or Skill Specific? So all toggles are probably just global.

There are Rings with Attack damage converted to Health. I assume they are all global as well then?

I am making a Drain Essence Chillwhisper build and he cannot beat Lokarr. No matter what I do. I dumped my defense value much higher but he still dies within seconds.

Read the guide, I give plenty of examples of both cases.

one last question. I see there are items that give %Weapon damage to certain skills. For example, there is a Unique pistol that gives Panettie missile like 18% weapon damage. Does it mean Panettie can now leech but only 18% weapon damage is applied? That’s very little leeching then?

It is in the guide too.

I read your guide. Thank you.

just to clarify. If Panetti has 18% weapon damage added to it and I have 5% Seal of Blade in both the main weapon and off-hand (10% health leeching), does it mean Panetti can only leech 1.8% of its total damage output?

And also, many skills have a portion Weapon Damage and then Element damage like Chilling Round. Only the weapon damage part leeches health right? Or if the skill has weapon damage included, the TOTAL DAMAGE output leeches ?

yes 18% of your life steal will 1.8% and then 1.8% of the direct daamge dealth by PRM will be your total adcth

Why do you ask about chilling rounds, you just asked about what happens to PRM if you give it wpn dmg via that medal. It is the same thing.

I asked about Chilling Round because it already has weapon damage in the skill and PRM doesn’t.

So at rank 10, Chilling Round has 80% weapon damage. When I leech with 10% global, do I just leech the 80% weapon damage part or the whole chilling round damage which includes Piercing and Cold? 80% weapon damage is really low… T_T

So the main point of those unique items that add Weapon damage to skills is to help them leech more health right?

but PRM gets it via the medal that you asked about so you should apply the same principles.