Stuck with a bounty in FG, would like to review my char

Hello,

I have an issue with a bounty on Ultimate in FG, where I don’t deal enough damage to a hero target, who self-heals to 100% due to this

Monster DB entry: Keynen, Burntheart - Grim Dawn Monster Database
My char: Warder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

What can I do to overcome this, and is there anything else I should edit/pay attention to?

I’ve mostly tried to have a lot of armor and health/energy regen there

Thank you in advance

Your damage and offensive ability is both rather low (currently you should have like a 70% chance to hit him - against stronger enemies the probability even becomes lower (cannot go below 60% - but everything below 70% also leads to reduced damage)). Also, you have no source of resist reduction, which is also a mean (and in Ultimate a rather important one) to your increase damage. As general hint: to have an acceptable damage, you should try to have % physical damage in most gear slots.

Another note - your investment in WPS (Markovian’s Advantage, Zolhan’s Technique, Feral Hunger and Upheavel) are currently wasted points, Primal Strike is not an auto attack replacer and can therefore not proc them.

Furthermore, your weapons has no component and you also don’t use augments currenty. So there is still lost potential (augments to gear mostly helps to fix resistances)

To give you some ideas - here a slightly (far from optimal) version of your build, removed all points from the WPS and invested them elsewhere - changed the devotions to include at least a bit of resist reduction (Assassin’s Mark) - while I could keep the health regen, the armor is clearly lower (DA only had a small impact, and good roled rings should lead to almost similar values) because of the gear (used either MI’s, factions gear or guranteed drops - belt and amulett have an aggressive prefix to get at least a reasonable offensive ability). There could be much more changed - but to give you an idea in which direction you could develop your build.

Edit: given your low OA, it would likely be even better to use Oleron’s Rage instead of Menhir’s Bulwark, even if this means a loss of tankyness.

Edit2: here you can calculate your chance to hit ,just enter your OA and the enemy DA: 🧮 Critical Hit / Resistance Calculators - DPS multipliers

4 Likes

low dmg, well, that’s putting it mild, you have almost no dmg

first things first

these skills here i’ve marked in red does not work with primal strike Thunderous Strikes
they are called wps and only works specifically with default attacks and replacers

so those skills points are essentially wasted

aside from general low bonus dmg
you also have the issue of 0 RR (Resist Reduction)
you did take Maul to reduce enemy armour, so that’s good, but you need to reduce their physical resist too, via ex Assasin’s Blade devotions and flat RR, like Scales or Soldier War cry with the Break Morale

however, you also basically have no OA(offensive ability), and you need OA to both hit and crit
low hit rating, aside from missing a lot of hits, means also potential dmg penalty if your hit rating is low enough - but more importantly as phys dmg you want your OA to be high enough to crit so you can trigger Assassin’s Mark from Assassin’s Blade devotion
attack speed is also on the lower side so that doesn’t help either

so
more dmg; you want to focus in %physical dmg if you want to be a physical build (which i’m assuming from your Maul devotion and Hammer currently converting partial lightning dmg to physical)
more OA, lots more
more RR
more attack speed

as a side note you dont necessarily need to focus as much in passive regen as you have tried, since you can benefit from lifesteal as weapon attacker rather easily
got some over-invested skill points too and maybe some skills not pointed that you might should have (ex Menhir’s Will is good for you as 2h melee even with just 1pt, 1pt in Military conditioning would boost it to +4 automatically, etc etc etc)

5 Likes