Stupid pirated copy posts

I think there was a study conducted that proved that doing this won’t do any benefit, since it would increase costs, but people that use pirated software won’t but it anyway. They just won’t touch this piece of software at all.

Besides that, there are people that use cracked/pirated software and if they like it, they can buy it afterwards.

i think there was also a hacking organization that basically found a way to encrypt some sort of dna kind of code into software making it impossible to crack(almost). I think it was sold or used in some torrent thing]

There is. They call it online only. Which is as good as it gets in that area. If your game is not online only there is little you can truly do to stop it. Take a look around at all the so called advanced drm solutions various triple A publishers employ… they pay big money for that. Every one of them gets cracked within mere hours of release.

your right powbam, it is online only or even streaming games that is the future in my eyes

Weak, Mr. Powbam…very weak.

Like I said in Discord, this is the only acceptable solution:
Bards3
:wink:

3 Likes

I better enjoy my games anytime I want with internet connection or not. And I hate all those drms, cause as people already said they are not gonna do jack shit.

1 Like

These only work until you get access to the copy machine at your local elementary school :wink:

Operation Flashpoint and the Arma series have the best copy protection imho.
A pirated game version works at first but degrades over time. Like, first you can’t sprint anymore. Then after a while you can no longer run, finally you can only move in a crawl. All sounds will pitch down, like everything is in extreme slow motion. Or the graphics would degrade until everything is a blurry mess, or your aiming will degrade until you can’t shoot straight anymore. So you are basically playing a timed demo, which might help convince a potential customer to pay for the real deal.

1 Like

Too much work to copy that. Look at my Einstein quotation. :wink:

While some people have a reason to pirate various things, me included, I don’t pirate excellent stuff. I support Z and his EoR nerfing ways with everything I can, cosmetic purchases included. It’s the Chtonic thing to do.

I bet there are MOAR Pirated copies downloaded than the actual Real copies sold for this game. Such a Sad and Sick world we are living in :pensive:

it sadly attracts a lot of trash. no doubt. nevertheless, there are alot of ppl who get the reduced-legal version, play it and come to the conclusion that the game is absoute worth to purchase, EVEN if there is no pressure to buy (eg pirated versions also get updates in time, multiplayer works as well) .
Means, quite often* sub-legal accessed versions are catalysators for buying the programm. if a game is good, you want to enjoy it. and to max the joyness, you want to have a good conscience = play a version you own. this effect is underestimated.

*( there are even studies about the marked mechanisms that some contentsociety likes to ignore, saying that pirated stuff has more positive effects on market than negative on the long term)

and you have no shame to ask for ppls assistance and time for something you didnt pay for?
did you bought your moral compass from trump?

thats usually the wrong way to fight the problem.
a) it doesnrt help, cracking grps are smarter than that
b) with some patience there will be always updated scene releases, the key is patience.

the way that works is using psychology: if a product is really good, ppl like to enjoy it more if they actually own it. ppl who dont feel that mechanism usually woudnt buy the prouct anyway. (educated guess)

i think the opposite is for the next generation: own nothing play everything. It also increases the possibilities dramatically for game developers to make something incredible as they don’t have to make all these concessions to make it work on every system.