Suggest splitting display: item, prefix, and suffix attributes

Can better view bonuses from different channels.

like this

1 Like

not sure i’m getting it right,
but if it’s laid out like displayed, it would excessively bloat item tooltip, to imo a relatively pointless degree - you’re redundantly repeating stat lines just to try clarify which portion is affix based etc, causing multiple additional duplicate lines to appear and increasing tooltip length?

it would be something great if those affix stats only would display when pressing an assigned key while hovering that gearitem, like ctrl or alt while hovering item :slight_smile:

This does increase the number of lines with duplicate attributes, but for the builder, can better analyze the build. When show the build and items, player seen can also clearly see the bonuses from different sources.

At present, the only channel that can distinguish item and affix attributes is Grimtools, which cannot be distinguished in the game.

It is undeniable that it will increase the mystery of the game, but when players delve deeper, they will spend more time searching for affixes and item attributes.

1. See more lines, but you can directly view items and affixes in the game.
  2. Integrate duplicate lines and use Grimtools to view item and affix attributes.

Splitting affixes and item attributes will increase the number of lines, just rotate the mouse scroll.
Because the split content has its meaning and is not garbage.
It can even be placed in CTRL.

So, increasing the number of lines is just a small issue.

i’d disagree
i understand where the desire is coming from/not to have to use outside sources for ingame stuff
but i’m one of the people that already find many GD items endless scrolling to be ridiculous/annoying because there is 50 lines of something, - adding in an additional dozen and duplicates at that, would just extend the scroll trying to reach the bottom for me, and would annoy the hell out of me more personally :sweat_smile:

When sharing mod builds, such as DOM,

When selecting a large number of items in the stash place of the game, I found an item that suits me very well, but I don’t know if this attribute is brought about by affixes or items.

And this mod is not supported by Grimtools, so it cannot be accurately described when sharing builds.

Now, the attributes of inlays and enchantments are split and displayed, Isn’t this just for better viewing of attribute sources?

I came up with a win-win solution,
By default, the merged attributes are displayed,
After pressing ctrl, display the split attributes,
And can set the default display of split or merged in the options,
I don’t know if it can be achieved, haha

i don’t know either
but i had a thought maybe it was something that’s possible to add to the journal, just like how people have requested a bestiary, thought maybe it be cool if affix names (or even drop rates) got an entry there :thinking:
idono, maybe it’s just a silly mental pseudo compromise i made for my own guilt :sweat_smile:

Couldn’t you just change the display color for the stats associated with either the prefix or suffix? On paper the idea seems good as I would like to be able to tell where the stat is coming from without having to consult a website. But yeah any layout change or longer stat screen might not be the answer.

1 Like

This would be a cool thing to have under Shift or whatever. Good idea.

have more lines? no thanks, in case I like how it is now on the ptr. If your difficulty comes from a mod, then go to the deood forum and request that change there

Couldn’t you just change the display color for the stats associated with either the prefix or suffix?

Do you mean affix names or affix attributes?
change the display color for affix names i know, but It doesn’t make much sense.
change the display color for attributes(It can also be called lines) i also know, but I can’t tell which affix he is from.
change the display color for affix attributes(attributes specific to affixes) I don’t know. please advise

There are too many mod authors and varying levels of support, so I prayed for a solution to the problem from the game itself. complete solution

*used brown for the MI stats instead of green to be like current

also, TIL arcane balance suffix isn’t true elemental/doesn’t have lightning damage :thinking:

1 Like

There ya go, perfect and only occurs when pushing shift or whatever otherwise looking at 3-4 colors all the time would be jarring. Brilliant!! :+1:

Alternatively you could do what PoE does and list each affix as either a prefix or suffix when pushing shift. Anything without the prefix/suffix tag you would know comes from the item itself as would an implicit in PoE. Could also add roll ranges there too.

Just depends on engine limitations and coding time. This would be really valuable, especially if stat re-rolling will be a thing in FoA.

Although it is possible to distinguish the source of attributes,
However, different colors with the same attribute may affect cognition.

And it will also affect the work of mod[Shattered Affixes] :rofl:

again, as savage mentioned; i dont’ see how that should be a consideration
if you have issues with mods, then mod it or take it up with the mod creator when said effects are there

Sorry, I made a mistake. What I want to express is that this will affect the work of Rainbow filter.