[Suggestion] 1h vitality Bone Harvest itemization

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I have never ever seen anyone use Bonescythe or Mythical Ravager’s Bite for a Bone Harvest build, neither while leveling nor for endgame.

Anyway, what I’m proposing are the following changes in order to make both items in general more appealing for vitality Reapers and vitality Defilers:

Mythical Ravager’s Bite

• changing 100% Cold → Elemental Damage converted to Vitality Damage to Bone Harvest
  • adding 100% Physical Damage converted to Vitality Damage to Bone Harvest

Bonescythe

• adding 50% Piercing Damage converted to Vitality Damage (global)
  • changing 100% Cold → Elemental Damage converted to Vitality Damage to Bone Harvest
  • changing 100% Piercing → Physical Damage converted to Vitality Damage to Bone Harvest

This way vitality Defilers (aiming for e.g. a Gargabol’s corruption build later on) or vitality Reapers could use Bonescythe while leveling and benefit from the flat damage from Flame Touched, Temper and Dual Blades. 1h Bone Harvest only using main hand makes having 100% phys to vit on a pure phys weapon (which usually has higher values) not a problem and compared to 2handed variants it would still be weaker. The above changes should be an easy way to buff two rather terrible archetypes that do have some actual endgame builds while simultaneously not breaking anything or making powerful builds even stronger.

Edit: removed “I’m aware the latter is mostly a pet item, but some of its stats imply being useable for non pet builds, too.” - Reading this is like a post hangover realization, I don’t know why I wrote it. The rest still stands.

5 Likes

Ive been leveling shield and board vitality necro+inc=apostate using bonescythe and it was quite succesfull experiance. Finally switched to 2h ranged though :slight_smile:
While playing ssf i just use what drops and bonescythe is easy to aquire. Game is so easy with vitality builds that it really does not matter what modifiers are exactly on this MI - just my 2.cents :slight_smile: As for endgame… you still want some purple in most cases so MI is just a filler on the way :slight_smile:

Oh and i also use ravagers bite on this build on gear swap :slight_smile: I provide a link when on pc (for now mobile only so no gt link)

Ok, here’s the link:

I use the item you’ve mentioned on weapon swap and it’s kind a doing it’s job allright. On more thing, I’am playing playtest 1.2, not sure about performance in 1.1.9.8

And the last thing, all changes you propose is going to make this kind of builds just bit stronger on the dps side… so just Iets try and test, if Zantai would be so kind to make it so :wink:

1 Like

I’ve used dw bonescythe min cooldown BH together with occultist. Worked just fine, Dps was very similar to e. G. Nery’s Bone Appetite.

1 Like

What? :thinking:

Neither of those items have Pet bonuses. Unless, stuff like Boneblade and Wendigo Claw are also pet items because they provide RR as well :sweat:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Do you have a GT link for this build?

My bad, for some reason I thought it has pet bonuses on top. My late night brain didn’t work too well anymore.

1 Like

Ravager’s Bite did have pet bonuses some time ago, though. Which was totally fine in my opinion, so not sure why it was removed.

I’m all for buffing 1h BH, because one time I tried it with Deathguard Oppressor, it was hitting like a wet noodle (it was like 2 years ago though; since then DG received quite a few buffs). I would even go as far as suggesting TDM mod to BH on either of the items - probably Ravager’s, since Boneslicer also reduces CD.

On a side note, adding bleed damage to Dread wouldn’t be a terrible idea?

1 Like

That’s probably what my mushy late night brain was remembering.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.