[Suggestion] Chaos Sabo could definitely use some love

Pretty much the title.
I’m currently working on my old build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NO1qDdV and I’ve experienced some major issues that are:

• VERY low HP. It’s barely above 10k which is even lower that some Spellbreakers have, and they’re commonly known as “glassy” builds.
  • Low life leech. W/o this particular Ragaver’s helm it’s 9% and there’s no option to make it higher. And you can’t replace this helm with Ravager of Flesh’ one for more HP as then your ADctH will drop.
  • The build is rather short on skillpoints (but it’s like more class problem)
  • Low flat (as Sabo has 0 native flat chaos)

The Crucible times are about 5:47-6 mins, despite the damage looks solid on paper. SR75-76 are rather easy though I dare to go higher because of so little HP.

What can be done?

• maybe Voidspires can be tuned a bit - like merging fire/lightning->chaos to just ele->chaos and adding ADctH mod to FS. Also adding +1 to NB would look nice.
  • Maybe changing the conversion on Rah’zin’s parts to ele->chaos too.

Please write what you think about this topic, have you played chaos sabo too and how did it feel to you.

9 Likes

Seems fine to me. -1 to this.

2 Likes

Gallows seems a better option for your build than Sailor.

ADTCH has always been horrible for melee Fire Strike because it’s a very weird skill with a lot of skills within the skill that don’t increase your adtch scaling.

1 Like

Just play Rah’Zin lol as soon as its the only working chaos set

1 Like

and the real talk is not about Crucible times but about QoL.

…because it is a unique feature of the skill.
pepeBurzbhua

8 Likes

-1 to this.

• Low HP caused by Sabo class combo, so it’s not about damage choice but your devotion and gear choices makes it so.

• Low life leech because Voidspires has non. Yes I also really like to have some lifesteal on Voidspires. But you have options, if you compensate one of the T3 devotions. How many build have the luxury of having both AM and DG?

• Skill points? Yeah I agree too, Sabo is a point hungry class combo but because of the damage type you’re wearing gears doesn’t support your main skills so it’s a normal result don’t you think?

Yes I also very much want that Chaos damage becomes a meta. But your arguments is invalid. The only thing I can support is Voidspire need some lifesteal. Something like %3-7 would be more than enough.

2 Likes

wait … just all Chaos builds?
dropping any of DG or Abom for some unknown reason is a HUGE waste of damage, and the build has little of it compared to Rahzin WH or Witchblade.

I think if someone introduces a build/damage type, it should be supported a bit more than with 1 weapon (or its should be really steroidic like Gargabols), otherwise it’s not very good.

EDIT: I never complained about rahzin WH or Witchblade having low hp or lifesteal because they have dedicated items and can afford selling some flat for hp. Sabo is not that case.

‘‘Some unknown reason’’ what you talkin about is getting more lifesteal and HP?

I like the chaos Sabo idea, liked your old build and made my own theorycraft as it fits me. But with your recent one you left Fang of Chthon, it’s lifesteal and it’s RR to focus on Execution more.

Sabo is a low hp class, it doesn’t matter which damage type you’re playing. In crucible it might not bother you much with buffs but in high SR, 10k HP is not wanted and forces you to get certain mutators to continue the run. You guys have this mentality; ‘‘As long as it hits, we can survive.’’ Maybe in crucible, but in SR making a build based on this mentality doesn’t support your suggestions because you have options to make something different.

For a damage type like Chaos, Sabo has the reach to the highest RR among other classes so sacrificing some damage becomes an option and you’re expecting a glasscannon Rah’zin WH performance I believe which is not possible. But since Demolitionist is the only class has Chaos RR skill rather than gears and devotions(Except Inquisitor but WoP provides less RR then HM); yes it deserves more chaos damage support with more and new gears but this doesn’t support your build style nor your arguments. Try SR set, use one Fang and one Voidspire then you can go all aggressive devotions at once to compensate lack of flat chaos damage. But you won’t because it will disinherit you from Rah’zin bonusses and maybe you lost 20 seconds in Crucible Runs.

And you have an option to take bat with Bloodlord Sash instead of GG. It also provides better conversion for Sabo.

ok, you have such a devo map? and I will not ever believe that it would be worth dropping Abom or DG.

SR set is more a placeholder. But still it’s not healthy when a build cannot just use damage-type-dedicated gear and be fine, don’t you think so?
once again. the thread is not about “OMG I CAN’T DO BELOW 5 WITH THIS BUILD”. it’s about QoL as it’s not okay when you need to juggle helms to get better ADctH or HP and not both of them.

maybe it’s not obvious but when you need to have 2 different setups with different gear for Cruci and SR it means sth is very VERY wrong.

wasnt it set in stone a while ago that cruci and sr are both 2 extremely different game modes and have different requirements? hopefully i dont have to spell them out for you

Do spell them, because I think you need damage and survivability above certain threshold for both.

4 Likes

and I almost always don’t see 2 different calcs for SR and Cruci in build threads. Interesting, isn’t it?

It may be okay to shuffle skillpoints a bit (like investing more in save abilities) but not completely changing your gear and devos.

They are different but 99% players want to have a build that is good for both without changing anything. Moreover, a lot of players are asking for a build that can also do Celestials in the same set of gear (which is often times a bit absurd).

4 Likes

But 99% of players never play crucibal or high end stuff anyways… :smiley: so its 99% of 0,1% in total

We are discussing endgame here tho, this thread is about endgame Chaos Sabo

1 Like

The thing is chaos as damage type have limited gear options and devotion route for melee needs to be centered around getting both Abomination and DG. So that leaves you with less customization options.

I’ve tried both chaos Sabo and Voidspire weapons as Purifier, both were looking good on paper but both were somewhat lacking.

Also Sabo don’t have many working options, so I don’t mind seeing aether or chaos DW Sabo being a thing. But not sure what exactly can be done, besides adding % AdctH mod to Fire Strike (that will help Purifier as well).

1 Like

I’m glad you at least understood wtf that sentence meant.

6 Likes

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVW1Bj5N Here my theorycraft. Yeah a lot lower damage and a bit lower AS then yours’ but has %23 more RR and certainly more defensive. And even though damage looks very low in GT, in-game FS damage should be more than enough with that much RR. But won’t be enough to make sub 5 run.

There is no dedicated set for Chaos Sabo, so SR set fits here.

This isn’t QoL. if a certain must get gears/devos lack something that every build needs then yeah it’s QoL. Like green devotions need movement speed. Like Voidspire needs Lifesteal etc.

That’s the mentality disagreement. You need to focus on damage ofc but you can’t just ignore the defense for one part of the game. It’s what you’re doing. You’re ignoring one aspect of the game then saying it’s doesn’t have QoL. Ofc it’s not.

If you want your build rock in crucible? Ofc, but then you can’t complain it’s SR performance then. Otherwise you should optimize your build to suit both platforms. I never seen a person complains about his/her build doesn’t perform fast enough in crucible because it’s maded to survive in SR.

As I said before; I really like to see more chaos gears. Especially that supports demo side and some gears maybe revised to do so. Also Voidspires having no lifesteal is sucks.

And here if you want opinions from a player he’s here longer than me. Dragon is right. Crucible buffs and banners let’s you make the build more aggressive but SR doesn’t. Even 3+1 rule is enough to make people sacrifice defense for more damage. You can’t have both serious damage and good defense in every class combo with every damage type.