[Suggestion] Chaos Sabo could definitely use some love

They don’t. Because the damage on them doesn’t directly add to your weapon. It’s secondary damage that is dealt as is. Think of it like the damage on AAR. The only way you would see Fire Strike use Static Strike or Brimstone’s damage for leech is if Fire Strike had a modifier for ADCtH baked into it again like AAR and Pulsing Shard/Essence of the Grim Dawn.

As for how the damage works with WPS. It just gets added to any non-weapon damage on whatever WPS procs. Like the Cold damage/health reduction on Execution or the Physical/Fire damage on Smite.

Edit: Important note on WPS as well. This non-weapon damage is applied on every projectile or attack made in a WPS. Which is why Purifiers were found to be so crazily strong in Ashes of Malmouth. Because proccing Storm Spread or Jaxxon’s ring means you’re firing out all of this damage 4 or 8 times each. Similar situation for Retaliation and RF as well as you know.

It’s in the same boat as why DW on EoR reaches as much damage as it does. Because you’re applying the non-weapon damage several times a second and care less about the weapon damage if you can’t stack a lot of it/your skill has poor flat damage scaling.

Flat damage would scale with any leech applied from your weapon damage. as Fire Strike has over 100% by default, you would always get the full impact of leech.

Explosive Strike is a secondary effect that creates an explosion around your target. As it does have % Weapon damage, any damage it deals will leech proportionally to the % Weapon damage it has. Any bonuses from the base skill are not included.

Static Strike is as vanilla of a modifier as they come when it comes to calculating damage/leech.

Brimstone is a secondary effect that launches fragments at nearby enemies. It has no interaction with the base damage of Fire Strike. Each fragment only deals the damage listed on the tooltip. As it has no % Weapon damage, it does not leech.

9 Likes

But melee Brimstone doesn’t act like a projectile and you deal the flat damage in a single hit with all other bonusses.

This is correct.

Okay then example build. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23mBk1Z This build maxed SS and Brimstone as long as it can and gains a big portion of damage from their flat damage add by conversion or directly.

This builds’ off-hand also has no lifesteal so it leeches more with main hand. They share a %12 together. So If Brimstone’s and Static Strike’s flat damage don’t add to the damage proportion that it leeches from; then this build should had lifeleech problems but it has not. So in this example Am I having only the illusion of great Bat’s sustain? Or the flat damage from Brimstone and Static Strike is being added to the damage pool I leech in melee FS?

Perhaps you misunderstood my explanation. Flat damage from basic modifiers is added to the base skill, so it does apply leech from the base skill’s % Weapon damage.

Brimstone is a secondary effect for ranged builds, but just a flat bonus for melee builds.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for a clear explanation. That’s should settle all the arguments about it.

Chaos Sabo could definitely use some love.

FTFY

3 Likes

and this is the truth, right.
while cold sabo is rather good, chaos is (surprisingly) second to him …
fire one is still a complete meme and aether/lightning are non-existent.

That’s right, Fire and Lightning Nightblade variants needs more love before chaos…

I’ll die happy when Acid Sabo is viable.

1 Like

Physical sabo or go home

1 Like

Meanwhile Pierce Sabo have dedicated set, you know. Still bad…

1 Like

Oh no I have forgotten that set even existed :smiley:

1 Like

well, you’re going to live forever then!

3 Likes

Zantai adds -100% Acid resistance mod to Mines for a Sabo item. :scorv:

3 Likes

My attempt at using Voidspire made me accept that the item is far better for WH Rah’zin than Sabo in its current state :relieved:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0earXZ
Seal of Blades on Voidspire is better than an extra Seal of Void, the pierce damage from skill is fully converted to chaos and it provides a bit more ADCtH and % armor.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: which set are you talking about? Rimetongue?

EDIT: we actually do have a lightning sabo set in the game, but you’d be disappointed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Rimewho? You mean that Infiltrator set? :scorv:

1 Like

junkrattriggered

1 Like