Suggestion for a cheap game (10 euro budget)

Also, dunno if you like skateboarding (or skateboarding games) and it’s slightly out of your proclaimed budget but there are 2 skate games now on PC in early access. Both are going for realism versus what we had with the Tony Hawk & SKATE game days.

I have 1 of them currently, SkaterXL -

it’s pretty rough draft at the moment and the community gets pretty toxic and shits on the devs alot because they are admittedly quite slow moving. From what I can tell tho there is activity occurring, slowly, but community interaction from the devs is quite abysmal unfortunately. I don’t hold them being slow against them tho since creating a realistic skateboarding game I can only imagine would be incredibly complex and expensive building in the physics, mo-cap and all that fun stuff. I just wish that they took a more proactive approach to direct forum communication with their community.

The upside is that the game is moddable and the mod community actually is quite strong creating maps to skate and a slew of other things like wearable items/clothes, shoes, boards etc.

I expect that once they manage to get further along, whenever that might be, it will be an excellent skating sim.

Then there is Session - very similar in approach but it seems further along at the moment in terms of presentation and what all it offers.

I don’t have the skoop on the dev involvement with the community on this one yet tho. I’ll probably pick it up at some point tho because I like skateboarding alot and PC has needed good skating games for a long time - so it’s nice to see independent developers trying to make it happen.

Anyway, if you happen to like skateboarding there is story-free replayability with these games.

2 Likes

thanks for the suggestions powbam! I’ll check em out for sure. <3

P.S: orcs must die looks absolutely lovely. We may just have a winner here, folks

1 Like

I haven’t played that one in a number of years now but I did have fun with it when I did. Might have to fire it up again one of these days now,

@powbam - have you ever played deathroad to canada?

One of my favorite games.

It’s cheeky, cute, and unpredictable enough to make each playthrough fresh, but predictable enough for you to get better

I’ve heard of it… never played it yet tho.