[Suggestion] Make Monster infrequents drops more related to classes and masteries / Blackwater Cocktail throw fix

Poor Zarthuzellan is about to cry in a corner of Steps of Torment
For 2 hours a weirdo with Blackwater Cocktail in one hand and Thermite Mines in the other comes in his chamber again and again, kills him, loots his bones, cusses and fades away just to come back a few minutes later and do it again. And every time this sadistic psycho comes back his Cocktails and Mines hurt even more. When he came for the first time he was wearing a t-shirt with “Lvl28” on it, now it’s “Lvl37” t-shirt and number keeps going up, and Zarthuzellan’s terrified and confused. He doesn’t know how to stop his suffering. Uroboruuk’s curse was nothing compared to this actual Torment. Poor Zarthuzelan even gave his Archives to this psycho in hopes that he’ll leave poor Zarthuzellan alone, 4 times, but it didn’t work…
If only poor Zarthuzelan knew that this Rico the Penguin of Cairn wants and needs only one green item Zarthuzellan has, his Codex…

So. My suggestion is to make monster infrequent drops more relevant to the masteries of the character, for example for Demolitionist and Demolitionist-based classes items like Zarthuzellan’s Codex will have higher drop chance, for Oathkeeper and Oathkeeper-based classes Zarthuzellan’s Archive will drop more frequently, in cases when monster has items for both character masteries chances will be equal. I know that in 1.2 monster-infrequents will become monster-frequents, so my suggestion might be a bit redundant or kinda pointless, but i think it’ll be a good QoL change anyways.

Also i’d like to point out the minor inconvenience with Blackwater Cocktail. If I want to throw it right under my character, i put my cursor on him (or close to him) and press BWCT-button, but instead of dropping right under character’s legs it gets thrown away in front of my char on the furthest distance possible, and it causes some sticky situations, especially if you play High Potency BWCT. Please, fix it.

#StopMonsterAbuse #Justice4Zarthuzellan #BlackwaterCocktail

game doesn’t have smart loot
aside from it seemingly being met with scorn from players each time it’s suggested, it might also be a technical limitation of the game aside from purely voluntarily
but i’ll throw out another potential reason why it/smart loot might be a bad idea: what if i’m farming the offhand on specifically an Oathkeeper class, but want the demo offhand?
best example for this specific scenario could be a player is using Vanquisher Templar to farm this particular offhand for a Demo build; why should their farming get extra gimped in this case/forced into farming it on another build, a demo build or a “neutral” class build?

anyway, not gonna scorn your suggestion, i just don’t think it’s a good one/fits for Grim Dawn because of the variables present

The between-the-leg throw is a feature :grin:

1 Like

Well, yeah, you’re right. But at the same time situations like the one i described are also frustrating. When you farm for an hour or two and only get the item you don’t need. And i wasn’t saying that the other item must be excluded from droplist entirely, just slightly adjusted.
Well, to be honest, my suggestion was mostly driven by emotion, i wrote it in between those farm runs.
Obviously when 1.2 goes live it won’t be such an issue, and with release of Fangs of Astrerkarn it won’t be relevant at all because of affix reroll. But untill then… Zarthuzellan and others are gonna have hell of a time.

1 Like

you can always upgrade to 1.2 now for some cheese 50/50 Zarth farming

but personally one of the reasons i like GD not having smart loot is ex the reason of farming stuff “for other chars” i mentioned.
Would really be sadge to me if i could or “should” only farm items on the char wanting it, because otherwise i might get artificially penalized by the smart loot.
Seems mostly a benefit to purist SSF toons, and a potential rng gimp to anyone wanting to farm on other class toons i think

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.