[Suggestion] Please change +150% Chaos Damage bonus on Dark One's Gift skill to +15% Attack Speed instead

While updating some builds and working on my new Pyromancer, I noticed that the Dark One’s Gift skill from the set gives +150% Chaos Damage. I had overlooked this, otherwise I would have reported it previously. It seems out of place to me, but I am aware it could be there for flavor purposes.

Seeing that the set does not do any Chaos Damage and, in fact, converts it to Vitality, is it possible to change this to be +15% Attack Speed? There is only one Legendary option for Vitality Damage when you are trying to use melee or ranged, the Voidrend Talons. While they are a good option, there is no competitive option available to use instead. All the other Legendary Vitality gloves do not give Attack/Casting Speed.

I’ve seen countless Dark One builds and they are by far caster builds focusing on the set’s intent of using Wendigo Totems (and SoC/Storm Totems/etc.). There are a few that melee as well, but their Attack Speed is terrible. However, this set is an interesting option if you are trying to make a melee/ranged Vitality, Acid or Vitality/Acid hybrid character work.

I used the full set in my Vitality/Acid Sentinel and as you can see, I have about 175% AS with regular gameplay. That’s okay, but could use a little boost as any ranged character is subject to projectile deflection as well as having bullets just smash into trees or other obstacles. I am working on a Vitality Gargabol Pyromancer as well that uses the Mythical Voidrend Talons since I desperately needed the Attack Speed. At least this Pyromancer has some more damage using Fire Strike/Brimstone and Dual Gargabols, but it would be a great option to use the full Dark One set and have that Attack Speed on the skill to have another option to use. In this case, there would be no overall gain in Attack Speed. However, this character would gain the extra small bonus from the set proc.

Putting the +15% AS on the set proc makes it so that you are reliant on getting hit to gain the bonus, just like the extra little bit of Damage Absorption and Damage plus the Heal.

What do you all think? :thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.