[suggestion] Please consider giving Aura of Conviction %all damage instead of %pierce and %elemental

What about it? It’s still the worst exclusive skill in-game. But hey, now with a chance of stun retaliation.

does that mean Stun-Rata to deal with arcanes?

When everybody asked for Reckless Power buffs and Zantai added chance of Stun Retaliation:

1 Like

tbh if i were to weight in… pierce + chaos / aether would be fitting considering the RR on death sentence.

1 Like

This is unfortunate. Flames of Ignaffar have a transmuter for chaos/vitality damage, and we have 2 sets that focus on the chaos part, while vitality is left behind in favor of overlap.

I don’t think it’s unfortunate so much so as it’s thematic. Inquisitors aren’t known for their vitality-based attacks, after all

glass_of_water

1 Like

Well, that’s why I mentioned Tained Flame:
Thought it is rare, some Inquisitors have been known to fall from grace and embrace the very powers they were trained to defeat. By channeling the void itself into the Stone of Ignaffar, it instead unleashes a torrent of tainted flames.
Why should chaos be the only usable one?

But it isn’t.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV97J8xN

I think inquisitors will be fine, especially with the upcoming buffs to WoP. Censure simply overshadows conviction. How could it not? If you don’t fit censure’s godly template, then you have an alternative.

Like soldier, Necro and Arcanist…one of the two exclusives is just better in general. :man_shrugging:

Hard disagree.

Menhir’s is better for retal in every single aspect imaginable. Master of death is likewise better for pets.

For the arcanist…you’re going to need a lot more than casting speed and stun retaliation to compete with star pact.

E.g. To compare: Divine mandate offers crit and slow resistance whereas PoT3 offers conversion and CDR.

However, I hesitate to suggest buffs to reckless power as the arcanist is already a very strong class.

Conviction gives a lot of physical resist and OA. It’s already arguably better than soldier’s Oleron.

And you can tap HoG every 5s for some compensatory reduced damage, as a consolation prize.

Which is why it’s taken over censure on non-elemental inquisitors.

Doesn’t mean it’s a good exclusive though.

To put it into perspective, BoD offers more utility than AoC does.

Censure is in one skill basically what Conviction, WoP, and HoG are combined. (except for the physical and OA).

That does not mean that censure needs to be the benchmark of quality. This game already suffers from powah creep.

However, I was just adding my opinion.
Edit:

Also, let’s not get started into skills that offer more than other classes have…
:roll_eyes:

And it’s always welcome.

With the exception of HoG, this is not true. AoC doesn’t give OA. It doesn’t provide %damage, and phys res.

The RR it provides is likewise restricted to ele damage.

In other words, if I’m running a chaos build, I’m free to use another exclusive.

Which is why you’ll never really see a chaos-based inquisitor unless you’re planning on focusing on a skill which belongs to the inqui mastery (e.g. WPS, FoI).

EDIT: This has been proven btw.

Chaos DB pyros do better than chaos DB deceivers.

Obsidian juggernaut pyros likewise perform better.

What should be the benchmark then?

Sparks, I like your debates, but you’ve got to read the debatable material in full. I know I’m being snowflakey kinda…

Perhaps you could help me understand better then? It’s not my intention to strawman you.

Why so?

I don’t want to go off topic, but after the clip

your quoted snippet was followed exactly by the statement you went on to point out.

Anyways. Imho Inquisitor has very strong base skills. There are only a few combos where it might have to choose Conviction as an alternative. A few masteries could wish for such a problem.

I wouldnt mind some items convert the bonuses to chaos related.

Turning all of it to +all damage on base skill would just make inquis the best subclass in the game again with everyone and their mother running for it, not to mention some of the best builds have inquis already.

As far as I care, conviction should just drop its exclusive status and be rebalanced into an common aura, since it already reserves your energy anyways. One of the biggest issues I always had with the inquisitor, is the lack of a non exclusive aura on its skill set.

But hell will freeze before that ever happens, so lets just accept that conviction is forever doomed to be a mediocre exclusive skill, whose only redeeming factor, is the phys resist in it.