Suggestion: Skill mastery tooltips in item description?

Ever since I have been playing the game, every time I find an Item that gives me +x to some skill, I find myself hovering my mouse over all skills in both my masteries to find out which skill is improved, or I’m searching the Internet, in case the bonus is not for one of my masteries.
This gets a bit annoying after a while, so I was wondering whether it was possible to add something like tooltips or extra text that shows directly where I have to look. Similar to the tooltips you get in GD Item Assistant when you hover over an item’s skill bonus. It then says something like ‘Soldier Tier 3’

This is probably not a big deal for all the players with hundreds hours into the game, as they know all the stuff by heart, but for everyone else adding something like this would be another great QoL feature.
Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am playing Mage Hunter here

You see the left item has +3 Callidor Tempest which Arcanist has

You see right item has +2 Reap Spirit that none of my masteries has

Can you see the difference?

Yep I know about that. But it only shows me whether the item improves a skill in one of my masteries or in any other mastery. This is some information, but if I don’t know the names of all the skills, I still have to look in both of my masteries for the right name.
In case the skill is not in one of my masteries I usually search the internet to find out where it belongs.
Just to know what kind of Item I just looted.

This takes some time and some immersion away and I thought there might be a solution for that with relatively little effort.

Items tooltips are already popup so I doubt it is programmable to make a popup show on popup tooltip. But maybe mastery could be stated in brackets like this

• 2 Fighting Spirit (Soldier)

Right, you can’t even move your mouse over the tooltips :sweat_smile:
But yeah with a little addition like this… There is already so much text on some items, a little bit more should harm no one.

Edit:

This would clarify the mastery, but e.g. Soldier has 27 skills or modifiers that can recieve bonuses. That is still a lot to look through (and that’s just ONE mastery), so what I would like to see is something like this (Taken from Grim Dawn Item Assistant):

Tooltip
So I know I have to look here:

Which would turn the 1-2 min search into 10 sec.

Boy! Yep. I just logged in to the forum, created an account to suggest just what you describe. Maybe using a different/smaller/italic font next to the skill bonus for better readability?

Here, a free example fresh out of GIMP:

Edit: The red circle is to help quickly show an example… Obviously! Also, I have more than 800 hours in this game and, a lot of time, I have trouble remembering which skill belong to which class. Yep…

2 Likes

Looks good :smiley:
Opened this topic more than one year ago, still looking for Skills^^

i have a friend that sais he sees (class) for items,but has no addon,whats going on?

Probably the mod/tool needs updating to the latest patch v1.1.9.1.